1) Be civil and constructive in your comments.
2) Commenters may attack another poster’s or commenter’s words or ideas but not the person him/herself or his/her family members.
3) Commenters are strongly encouraged to back up all assertions with facts (and preferably links to reputable supporting materials) whenever possible. If you can’t find a reputable source that supports your position, then perhaps reconsider writing your comment.
4) Comments that are deliberately designed to inflame are prohibited.
5) Commenters are encouraged to make it clear when they are expressing an opinion, and to refrain from asserting opinions as facts, as this tends to be needlessly inflammatory.
6) Comments that engage in wild speculation without any proof are strongly discouraged. Repeatedly posting comments consisting largely or entirely of wild speculation is an abuse of site policy. Bear in mind that that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
7) Comments which contain hateful or defamatory writing, defined as “statements that make a false claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may harm the reputation of an individual or entity,” are prohibited.
8) Sock puppetry, defined as “the act of creating a fake online identity to praise, defend or create the illusion of support for one’s self, allies or company,” is prohibited.
9) Thread hijacking, defined as “the act of steering a discussion off-topic by discussing a subject entirely unrelated to the subject at hand,” is prohibited.
10) Blogwhoring, defined as posting comments whose primary purpose is to drive traffic to another blog, is prohibited.
11) Profanity is allowed, but don’t go overboard.
12) You are welcome to post anonymously or using a nickname or alias, but you may not claim to be a person other than yourself.
13) If you choose to comment anonymously, please be aware that the editors of this blog do have access to your computer’s IP address, and, thereby, certain information about you. Commenting on this site under a pseudonym or anonymously offers no guarantee of privacy. The publisher of this blog does not offer any assurance of privacy or confidentiality regarding the IP address from which comments are made.
14) The blog team may, without notice to the commenter, edit or delete comments that violate these guidelines or that they think are in poor taste. Repeat offenders may be banned from commenting.
15) If you don’t care for our rules, there are lots of other blogs out there or you can start your own.
Disclaimer and Release of Liability: The comments made on this blog, by featured contributors and/or individual commenter’s, are the sole responsibility of those individual authors. They do not represent the opinions of any other individual(s), any advertiser, or the publisher(s) of this blog. The material provided on this website is presented is for informational purposes only.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE PUBLISHERS OF THELIBERALOC.COM BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS WEB SITE OR ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.