Anaheim, CA— Representative Adam Schiff (CA-28), the Ranking Member of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, has endorsed Ashleigh Aitken for Mayor of Anaheim. Rep. Schiff and Ashleigh started their public service as federal prosecutors.
“Having served as a federal prosecutor, Ashleigh has the public safety experience Anaheim needs in their next Mayor,” said Representative Adam Schiff (CA-28). “Whether it’s home invasions, gang violence or cybercrimes, Ashleigh knows that police officers increasingly need more resources to keep people safe and that as neighbors we all play an essential role in helping to protect our communities.
As a federal prosecutor, Ashleigh worked to make our neighborhoods safer. Ashleigh won tough criminal cases that put armed bank robbers, drug dealers, child pornographers, and fraudsters behind bars.
Ashleigh has also served our neighborhoods as Chair of the Anaheim Community Services Board. As a two-term commissioner, she helped secure funding for local non-profit organizations to lift people out of poverty, prevent elder abuse, offer job training and placement, and provide additional education and arts resources to our at-risk youth.
She is also the former Chair and a current member of the Orange County Fair Board, where she is helping to lead improvements on the grounds, add recreational opportunities, and offer free programming to over 100,000 schoolchildren at the Centennial Farm. The Heroes Hall museum and education center in honor of our military veterans and the Table of Dignity, the state’s largest memorial to farm workers, were also created with the help of Ashleigh’s leadership on the Fair Board.
Ashleigh has worked pro bono to aid victims of domestic violence, expand free legal services for our veterans and military families, and protect one of our state’s most precious resources—open land. In 2010, she helped community activists beat back Governor Schwarzenegger’s plan to sell off the Orange County Fairgrounds.
Ashleigh and her husband, Michael, live in Anaheim with their three daughters and an ark of animals. Ashleigh and Michael work at the family-run law firm Aitken Aitken Cohn. She continues to support and volunteer with the local Assistance League of Anaheim, Girl Scouts of Orange County, Special Olympics, Chance Theater, Anaheim Ballet, Muzeo, and South Coast Repertory.
Ashleigh has previously announced endorsements from:
- Lou Correa, Congressman
- Loretta Sanchez, Congresswoman (Ret.)
- Sharon Quirk-Silva, Assemblymember
- Teresa “Tita” Smith, Mayor of Orange
- Al Jabbar, Anaheim Union High School District Trustee
- Dr. J. Paolo Magcalas, Anaheim Elementary School District Trustee
- Art Montez, Centralia School Board Member
- Nick Berardino, VALOR President
- Bill Dalati, Anaheim Planning Commissioner
- Father Arturo Ferreras-Querijero, Anaheim Community Services Board member
- Dan Jacobson, Democratic Foundation of OC Chair
- Chef Bruno Serato, owner of the Anaheim White House
- Ada Tamayo, Anaheim Housing & Community Development Commissioner
- Anaheim Municipal Employees Association (AMEA)
- California Women’s List
- Laborers’ Local 652
- Orange County Employees Association (OCEA)
- Plumbers and Steamfitters Local 582
- United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW) Local 324