NEWPORT BEACH, CA — Ending the week with another burst of momentum, today technology entrepreneur and businessman Harley Rouda’s campaign rolled out a new digital video ad in the race for California’s 48th Congressional District seat.
The ad, entitled “Kaira,” is narrated by Rouda’s wife Kaira, and highlights Harley Rouda’s support of healthcare for all, women’s health, Planned Parenthood funding, equal pay, and workplace protections for women.
The script of the ad, which is narrated by Kaira Rouda, reads as follows:
Enough is Enough
Donald Trump has taken us backwards.
We need a leader to move us forward in Washington:
Fighting for healthcare for all;
Planned Parenthood funding;
And workplace protections for women.
Harley Rouda is that leader.
Harley treats women equally, and with respect.
And he’ll stand up to Trump when he doesn’t.
That’s why I’m supporting Harley Rouda for Congress.
And I would even if Harley wasn’t my husband.
Thanks Kaira – I’m Harley Rouda and I approve this
Last week, Rouda’s campaign released a poll memo showing him tied for second place in the race for California’s 48th Congressional District seat, despite being outspent by a 2-to-1 margin to this point by his main Democratic opponent. After messaging, Rouda moves into a commanding lead for second place, which, combined with his Cash on Hand advantage, gives him a clear path to the general election. To view the full poll memo, click here.
Recently, Rouda released a new TV ad titled “Future,” that highlights his vision for combatting climate change while building a thriving economy, including fighting offshore drilling and investing in renewable energy. It will be airing districtwide on cable television this week.
Recently, Laura Oatman, a progressive champion and former candidate in California’s 48th Congressional District seat, announced her endorsement of Rouda in the nationally watched contest against incumbent Congressmember Dana Rohrabacher. Rouda also recently earned an endorsement from another former CA-48 candidate, Michael Kotick.
Underscoring his soaring momentum, beyond endorsements from former candidates in the race for California’s 48th Congressional District, Rouda has secured wide-ranging support from Democratic members of Congress, organizations representing working families, grassroots activists, gun safety groups, local elected leaders and scores of others. Some of his recent endorsements include the following:
- California Labor Federation
- Sierra Club
- House Democratic Vice Chair and Congressmember Linda Sanchez
- Congressmember Pete Aguilar
- Congressmember Lou Correa
- Congressmember Alan Lowenthal
- Congressmember Zoe Lofgren
- Congressmember Brad Sherman
- Congressmember Jared Huffman
- Congressmember Mark Takano
- Congressmember Judy Chu
- Congressmember Loretta Sanchez (Ret.)
- California Nurses Association (CNA)
- National Nurses United
- Pride Fund to End Gun Violence
- Equality California (EQCA)
- United Steelworkers Los Angeles/ Orange Counties Legislative Education Committee
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 441
- International Union of Painters and Allied Trades District Council 36
- International Union of Operating Engineers Local 12
- Laborers’ International Union of North America (LiUNA) Local 652
- International Longshore and Warehouse Union (ILWU) Local 13
- United Union of Roofers, Waterproofers and Allied Workers Local 220
- United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipe Fitting Industry (UA) Local 582
For more information, please visit www.HarleyforCongress.com.