|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 17, 2018 – Democratic Party of Orange County (DPOC) Chair Fran Sdao today issued the following statement regarding Donald Trump’s meeting yesterday with local Orange County Republican officials:
“While Donald Trump congratulated Orange County Republicans for treating immigrants like ‘animals,’ the people of Orange County spent yesterday working and going to school alongside immigrant neighbors, friends, co-workers and students.
“Immigrants in Orange County hail from all over the world, and have chosen to settle here to invest their lives and futures, to start new businesses, and build the American Dream.
“We reject Donald Trump’s abuse of immigrants, along with his transparent and self-serving usage of local Republicans as props for hate.
I call on all Orange County officials in attendance, including Michelle Steel, Troy Edgar, Warren Kusumoto, Pam Patterson, Elaine Gennawey, and Ray Grangoff, to reject Trump’s hateful remarks.”
Orange County representatives at the meeting with Donald Trump include:
- Orange County Board of Supervisors District 2 Representative Michelle Steel
- City of Los Alamitos Mayor Troy Edgar
- City of Los Alamitos Mayor Pro Tem Warren Kusumoto
- City of San Juan Capistrano Councilmember Pam Patterson
- Laguna Niguel Mayor Elaine Gennawey
- Orange County Deputy Sheriff Ray Grangoff
For full video of the White House meeting, view C-SPAN video here: https://www.c-span.org/video/?445674-1/roundtable-santuary-cities-immigration-laws