In Case You Missed It:
Orange County Democratic Party Chair Calls Out Harley Rouda For ‘Misleading Television Ad’
Democrats call on Harley Rouda to take down intentionally misleading ad
ORANGE COUNTY – In an article published by the Laguna Beach Independent, Orange County Democratic Party Chair, Fran Sdao, publicly called out Harley Rouda’s most recent efforts to mislead Orange County Voters into thinking he has been endorsed by the Orange County Democratic Party.
Orange County Democratic Party Chair, Fran Sdao, called the ad ‘misleading’ while telling voters that Harley Rouda does not have the support of the Democratic Party.
Quote From The Campaign:
“Recent Republican Harley Rouda has decided that his own political ambitions are more important than flipping this seat. His attempt to confuse voters and play spoiler with misleading ads is putting Democratic chances of winning the district at risk. His ad is insulting to Democrats everywhere and disrespects the voters. It should be taken down immediately,” stated Keirstead For Congress Spokesman, Kyle Quinn-Quesada
Read the full article here.
An independent poll of 757 primary voters by Fight Back California shows Dr. Hans Keirstead as the only candidate who out performs Scott Baugh, preventing Democrats from being locked out of the general election.
Hans is the only candidate in the race to be endorsed by the California Democratic Party. His campaign is anchored by activist and party leader support including:
· Vice-Chair State Board of Equalization, Fiona Ma
· Congressman Jerry McNerney, CA-9
· Congressman Bill Foster, IL-11
· Costa Mesa Democratic Club
· California State Senator Bill Dodd, District 3
· Mayor Pro Tem Ross Chun, City of Aliso Viejo
· Councilwoman Melissa Fox, City of Irvine
· Mayor Shirley Dettloff, City of Huntington Beach (ret.)
· Lorraine Prinsky P.hD., Trustee, Coast Community College
· Jamison Power, Trustee, Westminster School Board
· Jim Moreno, Trustee, Coast Community College
· Fran Sdao, Chairwoman, Democratic Party of Orange County
· Angana Pathak, President, Democratic Club of Seal Beach
· Florice Hoffman, Director, California Democratic Party Region 17
· Diana Carey, Western Vice Chair, Orange County Democratic Party
· Mary Carter, Laguna Beach Democratic Club
Hans’ campaign for Congress has been featured in national and local news outlets including CNN, The New York Times, Washington Post, and the Los Angeles Times.
Click the image below to view CNN’s segment on Hans’ candidacy.
In a recent article by the New York Observer, Fox News Political Analyst, Ethan Bearman stated, “Orange County should get used to the phrase, ‘Congressman Keirstead.'”
Rohrabacher Challenger Keirstead Outraises Rouda in Third Quarter Democratic House candidate Hans Keirstead outraised his Democratic opponents and slightly trailed Republican Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, who he is hoping to unseat. Read the Roll Call article here.
Cook Political Report, the industry standard for political odds-making recently upgraded CA-48 to a “toss -up” specifically citing Hans’ candidacy.
Hans has also received endorsements from the following organizations and individuals:
· National Union of Healthcare Workers
· California Conference of Machinists (IAM)
· Teamsters Joint Council #42
· Southwest Regional Council of Carpenters
· 314 Action
· Moms Demand Action Gun Sense Candidate
· New Dem Candidate To Watch List
· Wylie Aitken, Attorney, Philanthropist, Democratic Fundraiser
· Bob Klein, Patient Advocate, Chief Author of Prop 71, Attorney
· Jess Araujo, Latino Community Activist, Attorney
· Roman Reed, Philanthropist, Stem Cell Activist, President Roman Reed Foundation
· Dr. Michael Gottfredson, Provost & Executive Vice-Chancellor University of California, Irvine
· Dr. Wise Young, W.M. Keck Center for Collaborative Neuroscience, Founding Director
· Anthony Davies, Ph.D., Founder & CEO, Dark Horse Consulting
Dr. Hans Keirstead: A husband, father, scientist and Orange County business leader, Dr. Hans Keirstead is one of the world’s leading innovators in stem cell research and medical treatments. Hans has led therapy breakthroughs for late-stage cancers, multiple sclerosis, ALS, rheumatoid arthritis, spinal cord injury, and retinal diseases. Hans has launched multiple successful medical research companies in Orange County and is currently CEO at AIVITA Biomedical, where he is focusing on developing a cancer treatment that is proving to be the most effective treatment for cancer that has ever reached the final phases of clinical trials.
CA-48: Cook Political Report recently upgraded CA-48 from “Lean Republican” to “Toss Up” citing Dr. Hans Keirstead’s candidacy and Dana Rohrabacher’s vulnerability.
You can visit Hans’ campaign page here HansforCa.com