LAGUNA BEACH – California Democratic Party Endorsed Candidate, Dr. Hans Keirstead received the endorsement of California State Board of Equalization Vice Chair Fiona Ma.
In solidifying Keirstead’s status as the choice for elected Democrats, Fiona announced:
“I am excited to endorse Hans Keirstead’s campaign for Congress, he is the innovative leader we need in Washington D.C. Hans has spent his life helping people with his out-of-the-box thinking and development of breakthrough treatments for late-stage cancers and spinal cord injuries, which have allowed people to regain movement in their limbs.”
“Throughout his career, Hans has stood up to Big Pharma and fought for hard-working families. He is the only candidate with the experience we need to make sure everyone has access to quality, affordable healthcare. I know that he can work through the gridlock to put the needs of Orange County first. Join me, and let’s send Hans to Washington D.C.,” stated Ma.
In addition to serving as the Vice Chair on the Board of Equalization, Fiona Ma served as the Speaker Pro-Tempore of the California State Assembly.
Hans is the only candidate in the race to be endorsed by the California Democratic Party and have endorsements from sitting members of Congress. His campaign is anchored by activist and party leader support including:
• Congressman Jerry McNerney, CA-9
• Congressman Bill Foster, IL-11
• California State Senator Bill Dodd, District 3
• Mayor Pro Tem Ross Chun, City of Aliso Viejo
• Councilwoman Melissa Fox, City of Irvine
• Mayor Shirley Dettloff, City of Huntington Beach (ret.)
• Lorraine Prinsky P.hD., Trustee, Coast Community College District
• Jamison Power, Trustee, Westminster School Board
• Mary Carter, Laguna Beach Democratic Club
Hans’ campaign for Congress has been featured in national and local news outlets including CNN, The New York Times, Washington Post, and the Los Angeles Times.