Issa’s Out

Congressman Darrell Issa (R-CA)

Congressman Darrell Issa is calling it a career.  The Vista congressman is retiring and is following Ed Royce to a handsome pension that he doesn’t really need.

Mike Levin, who is the leading Democrat in the race, offered this comment to TheLiberalOC:

“As much as I was looking forward to running one-on-one against Darrell Issa later this year, it’s the best for the residents of the 49th Congressional District that he leave sooner than later,” said Levin. “Trump remains in the White House with a lapdog Congress that refuses to hold him accountable.  We face an unprecedented crisis that threatens our democracy.  That doesn’t change by Issa retiring.  It’s absolutely critical that Democrats retake the House.”

It will be interesting to see which Republicans jump in the race.

24 comments for “Issa’s Out

1. Victor Is BAD
    January 10, 2018 at 3:29 pm

Given that Col Doug Applegate has signifcant baggage, Domestic Violence, Spousal Abuse, Anger Management issues. Along with his fincial support of accussed RAPIST and fellow “DUI GUY” Victor Valladares, this should get interesting.

For sure Doug can count on Victor and Oscar to deliver some “brown” votes. Plus some knock-out drops if you are into anal sex with unconcious women. Heck Victor will throw that bitch down the stairs if it gets him an outreach position or a Southwest ticket!

Maybe Doug can roll out Bill Cosby next!

• 4th District Resident
      January 11, 2018 at 8:19 am

Another quality commenter on this site. What a wonderful addition to public discourse. Makes the trumpsters look civil.

• January 11, 2018 at 8:23 am

You don’t exactly add to the quality commentary but you comment here anyway.

• 4th District Resident
          January 11, 2018 at 11:15 am

Someone needs to call a spade a spade. Face it: your regs are hate-filled nuggets of nuttiness. I haven’t detected one decent, sane voice here.

• January 11, 2018 at 11:39 am

and you fit right in Mr. Hate-filled Nugget. Keep commenting. I really don’t care what you have to say but I’m sure you think its vitally important. Don’t forget to hypocritically call out those who use a nom de plume while you do the same.

• LIAR!
              January 11, 2018 at 11:51 am

You totally care. And it clearly bothers you.

But hey, continuing commenting away on how above it all you really are.

In the end, you own the morass this blog has descended into. Congratulations.

• January 11, 2018 at 12:06 pm

Believe what you want. I really don’t care. The comments are the comments. I allow free speech. If you have an issue with a post, we can talk about it. But commenters are responsible for their comments. I do delete some that clearly cross a line but it really has to go there.

• LIAR!
                  January 11, 2018 at 2:44 pm

Right right. You don’t care. Especially enough to comment. Because commenting on my comment sure would indicate you do care.

Claiming anything else would just be silly.

You sure tolerate a lot of free speech directed at people you hate.

How convenient.

• January 11, 2018 at 7:27 pm

Commenting to your comment of my comment to your comment calling me a liar shows I support free speech. Do this on Diamond’s blog and your first comment never sees the light of Day. It’s called censorship and it’s not Democratic or very liberal. I don’t hate anyone except the Washington Redskins and Georgetown basketball.

• LIAR!
                  January 12, 2018 at 9:03 am

Keep adding to the pile.

In 2017 you mentioned Greg Diamond and Vern Nelson over five hundred times.

Keep telling us you don’t care and you don’t have anyone.

Better put your pants back on. Your obsession is showing.

• January 12, 2018 at 7:46 pm

I’ve been out of pocket most of the day then I read your comment and can’t stop laughing. Five hundred times? You counted? But I’m the one with an obsession? Thank you. It’s been awhile since I laughed that hard. I don’t have anyone. My family and friends will be shocked. Have a nice weekend.

• 4th District Resident
              January 11, 2018 at 1:12 pm

Please identify one comment I have made here that reflected any sort of “hate” except for the contempt I have for your obscene, racist, misogynist, crazy commenters and for your pathetic, sideways defense of them.

No. You own this garbage fire and keep permitting trash to be thrown into it. Just own it like a big boy. Then ask yourself if your kiddies are proud to visit this site.

• January 11, 2018 at 2:22 pm

yeah, that free speech thing….sometimes you need to deal with stuff you don’t like otherwise you miss the concept. And you do sound a lot like DZ now that OC DEM mentions it. Is it, what, five years of marginal employment now? No wonder you’re so angry. I’d take you a lot more seriously if you had a real name attached to your comments. But I don’t. Enjoy your free speech on this blog. Diamond would have blocked you by now

• 4th District Resident
                  January 11, 2018 at 4:15 pm

Quick to label me as yet another person you hate. So typical.

You don’t take anybody seriously unless they hate the same people you hate.

And that’s not only sad. it’s sick.

• January 11, 2018 at 7:24 pm

Never met the guy. Don’t know him. Don’t hate him. My friends that do know him tell me he’s a class A pendejo. You need to get a life. Must be hard hiding in the shadows and throwing bombs from cover of anonymity while bitching about others you hate who do the same. Get a hobby.

• January 11, 2018 at 2:30 pm

“There’s always going to be people who don’t like what you write. If you don’t have haters you are not doing your job correctly” – Gustavo Arellano

• 4th District Resident
                  January 11, 2018 at 4:17 pm

How funny. I wonder if Adolf Hitler ever used that line.

• January 11, 2018 at 7:28 pm

Oops. He who brings up Hitler first loses.

• OC DEM
            January 11, 2018 at 1:16 pm

Thanks Roddy…err Dave……or whatever Tony pays you to be called.

• 4th District Resident
              January 11, 2018 at 4:23 pm

Haha! Burp.

• OC DEM
                January 11, 2018 at 6:21 pm

Worlds “Best Dad” eh 4th District.

Shaky shaky shaky……….

What a fool.

• David Vasquez
                January 11, 2018 at 9:18 pm

Come on Fullerton Harpoon, You showed us a long time ago, you can have it both ways: Rook the Taxpayers for shoddy work, blogging on the clock AND being a SELF STYLED TAXPAYER CHAMPION.

You are in perfect company with the drunks, molesters, nutjobs at the OJB.

Get a job yet Dave/

2. January 12, 2018 at 7:42 pm

What’s up with 4th District Republican Resident’s racist bullshit?! So you like to “call a spade a spade”, you racist David Duke about-to-die bitch? Now I realize you are a stupid ugly OLD little cockgobbler just like your 4-foot fascist closeted klan member boyfriend Jefferson Davis Sessions, but that’s no excuse for hating America you conservative crackpot! You may have an inferiority complex (just like jizzeating Jeff Sessions) when it comes to “spades”, as a racist Republican closeted cockgobbler like yourself no doubt is severely pissed about God Almighty cursing you with a very, very tiny penis. Another Republican racist with tiny hands, testicles, brain, etc.

3. Dem4Evr
    January 13, 2018 at 7:28 pm

I doubt 4th District is Zenger. There’s no cheap quotes from Latin for Dummies, his favorite parlor trick on the OJB.