Correa will attend Inauguration: “We’re either at the Table or On the Menu”

Lou Correa, (Photo:Lou Delgado)

TheLiberalOC received the following announcement from Congressman Lou Correa’s office this afternoon:

Today Congressman Lou Correa announced he will be attending the inauguration of President Donald J. Trump.

Congressman Correa said,

“I have received much communication regarding tomorrow’s Presidential inauguration, expressing opinions across the political spectrum. Clearly, while the election is over, the negativity continues. And, our Nation continues to be deeply divided.

We have a new President. Yet, the presidency is about our nation and our constitution, and not about an individual. This inauguration is another event in a line of peaceful transitions of power that are the hallmark of our country.

I was elected to go to D.C. to work for my constituents, to help our middle class, to help all our working families, and to create good paying jobs. I came to DC to make sure that all Americans, including new Americans, have the opportunity to work hard and achieve the American Dream. I am here to work with all who will work with me, to work across the aisle, irrespective of party affiliation.

I’m going to D.C. to be at the table when decisions are made that affect my constituents. Either we are at the table or we are on the menu.”

24 comments for “Correa will attend Inauguration: “We’re either at the Table or On the Menu”

1. Tovia Lloyd
    January 19, 2017 at 5:13 pm

Mr. Correa appears to have let us know where he really stands … and it doesn’t appear to be with the majority of his constituency.

• January 19, 2017 at 6:41 pm

Mr. Correa will need to work with the majority party and is on the front line to protect federal funds the Trump administration seeks to deny Santa Ana for declaring itself a sanctuary city. Democratic votes alone cannot win the day

• January 21, 2017 at 3:33 pm

Yes, I expect Mr. Correa will work a lot with the majority party because for the price of a fancy dinner he’ll follow Paul Ryan anywhere.
        What a shame, considering that he represents so many immigrants. Although it’s not a surprise considering his ‘history’ as a reliable crossover for the right.

• Dan Chmielewski
          January 21, 2017 at 6:19 pm

I disagree completely. Lou’s first speech on the House floor was an eloquent defense of ACA. Joe Dunn lost. Let it go.

• January 23, 2017 at 10:32 am

My feelings have nothing to do with Joe Dunn and everything to do with Lou Correa’s track record of siding with republicans on important legislation.

We need to watch him very closely.

• Ltpar
      January 19, 2017 at 9:30 pm

Representative Correa just demonstrated a lot of courage and a desire to work to solve the problems this country faces. Ask yourself this Tovia, who do you think will be more likely to have a seat at the table where decisions are made, Mr. Correa or any of those sixty Representaties who failed to show up? My hat is off to Mr. Correa.

• January 19, 2017 at 11:23 pm

shut up Pat

• Ltpar
          January 20, 2017 at 7:20 pm

Kiss my ass Dan.

• January 19, 2017 at 11:44 pm

Such courage!!!

Seriously neither position takes much courage at this point – to go or not to go.

• John
        January 21, 2017 at 11:52 pm

It would be nice to see Pat practice what he preaches, reach across the aisle and work with those with whom he disagrees, to solve some of the major problems that this country, and his city (Irvine) faces. Blog snipping won’t help Irvine get a handle on traffic, development, and growth that has outpaced the city’s infrastructure and resources, including the number schools and the number of police. New council, new opportunities.

2. January 20, 2017 at 9:26 am

Tait is attending the inaugural. Go ahead and criticize him. He probably voted for Trump…lockstep Republicans

• Cynthia Ward
      January 20, 2017 at 11:17 am

Sorry Dan but while I don’t speak for Tait, I don’t think Tait voted for Trump, and you crack me up that the Mayor who has done more to reach across the aisle and create a bi partisan coalition including getting his teeth kicked in by members of the GOP for openly endorsing and aiding 2 democrats for his own Council, is now being accused of being a straight party ticket voter. Do you read your own comments before you post them?, Tait has made some public statements that indicate his dislike of the man’s unkind words. But like Correa has done, I believe Tait understands he has a job to do, and knows how to set aside the personal feelings of the individual to be the representative needed for the occasion. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I am proud of Correa for this. I don’t like Trump, didn’t vote for him and don’t care who at GOP Cenral knows that. And I would find it very uncomfortable to att ND the swearing in. But there is more to life than partisan alliances. The deed is done, and either we all rise to show the better sides of ourselves or we keep bickering and feuding until we are destroyed from within. Trying to work together is not the same as agreeing to Trump’s more primitive notions, in fact it is the acts of civility we can extend to each other that will make the difference in how our nation weathers the storm ahead. May God help us

• January 20, 2017 at 11:25 am

Dan is as always between several rocks and hard places, but he does have one verity to cling to: TAIT = BAD.

• Tom4Trump
        January 20, 2017 at 1:41 pm

Tait is very successful at getting Jose Moreno to abandon his progressive principles. All to give his aide a massive raid. Imagine if Lucile Kring got the same percentage raise for her staff. You’d have a stroke

• Dan Chmielewski
        January 20, 2017 at 3:45 pm

Anaheim is not a city of kindness. Tait wants to reward his admin with an excessive payday ( if the admins of Kring, Brnadman and Murray got this sort of money, you’d scream bloody murder) and Tait has muzzled Moreno’s progressive rhetoric. Civility is nothing you have ever advocated until Tait got the majorty. You”re a goddamn hypocrite Cynthia

• January 20, 2017 at 3:48 pm

And really, you used to think this guy was worth something more than a punching bag, Cynthia? Learning curves….

• January 20, 2017 at 3:49 pm

If I want your advice on anything Vern, its about tossing salad. Pendejo

• January 21, 2017 at 9:20 am

I forget, sometimes, that I am at the anal sex blog. Classy as ever…

• January 21, 2017 at 11:42 am

Why don’t you a Tait bots get him on the record for who he voted for?

• January 21, 2017 at 1:06 pm

Why don’t you do that amazing thing to yourself that 99% of people can’t?

Didn’t see you here at the march, and YOU ARE HARD TO MISS.

• Sally Kraft
      January 20, 2017 at 11:27 am

Dan, its ok that Tom Tait went, because Vern and company LIKE him. Its not OK for Lou to go because they DON’T LIKE him.

One thing you can take to the bank: OJB’s moral compass points in one direction: self interest.

• January 20, 2017 at 3:49 pm

Please identify my sentence, somewhere, condemning Lou for going.

3. Your Wife
    January 20, 2017 at 6:21 pm

I think about you when I poop Vern

• January 21, 2017 at 1:09 pm

The homeless, brother, with nowhere to go. Think of them. Half-wit.