Hot off the press from the Lou Correa for Congress page:
SANTA ANA, CA— Consolidating more public safety support, today former State Senator Lou Correa received an important validating endorsement from the Orange County Professional Firefighters Association Local 3631 in his campaign for California’s 46th Congressional District seat.
In a letter sent to Correa for Congress, Scott Sanzaro, Director of Government Affairs OC Firefighters, IAFF Local 3631 wrote: “Dear Senator Correa, On behalf of the 986 men and women of the Orange County Professional Firefighters Association, protecting 1.6 million citizens and 23 cities of Orange County, I am pleased to convey our endorsement of your candidacy in the 2016 Primary and General Election for the office of Representative for the 46th Congressional Disrtict in the State of California. The Orange County Professional Firefighters Association is the local affiliate for the International Association of Firefighters (I.A.F.F.), and our membership is limited to full time, professional paid firefighters.”
Responding to news of the endorsement, former State Senator Lou Correa remarked: “Having this support from the Orange County Professional Firefighters Association Local 3631 means a great deal to me. These brave men and women risk their lives every day to keep Orange County families and neighborhoods safe. It is a tremendous honor to have their endorsement. I look forward to collaborating closely with them in my campaign and beyond.” To date, Correa has won the following public safety endorsements:
- California Police Chiefs’ Association
- Peace Officers Research Association of California (PORAC)
- Orange County Deputy District Attorneys
- National Latino Peace Officers Association
- Santa Ana School Police Officers’ Association
- Santa Ana Police Officers’ Association
- Orange County Sheriff Sandra Hutchins
This news follows a poll showing Correa with an enormous lead, nearly 30-points ahead of his closest competitor.
The poll, conducted by Fairbank, Maslin, Maullin, Metz & Associates, is relatively fresh out of the field, and was conducted from December 13th through December 16th. The initial results show Correa with a decisive lead over all other candidates:
- 37% Lou Correa
- 5% Joe Dunn
- 4%* Jordan Brandman
- 8% Bao Nguyen
- 12% Adam Nick
- 1% Other
- 33% UndecidedTo read the polling memo, click here.
- Beyond today’s announcement, Correa has racked up widespread support from organizations and leaders, including: Organizations
- After messaging, Correa’s support grows to 43%, while the other candidates’ totals remain nearly unchanged. The memo showed Correa with a net favorability rating more than double that of any other candidate in the race.
Correa served in the California State Senate, representing the 34th District, from 2006- 2014 and served the cities of Anaheim, Buena Park, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Santa Ana, Stanton and Westminster. Prior to the Senate, he served on the Orange County Board of Supervisors representing the 1st District. Before his time on the Board, Correa served in the California State Assembly representing the 69th District.