Tomorrow is the last day of 2014 and the Irvine Public Schools Foundation is less than 10 percent away of a critical fundraising goal of $1.3 million by the end of December which is matched dollar for dollar by the City of Irvine. IUSD schools remain funded below state averages so parents and friends of quality public education step up to keep Irvine Schools top-notch; these funds benefit schools based in Irvine that are part of Tustin Unified and Santa Ana Unified as well.
The city’s challenge grant program was something begun under former Mayor Sukhee Kang and extended upon by former city council member Larry Agran with unprecedented city support of public schools unmatched in Orange County. IPSF is also an exceptional model for other districts to follow when it comes to public engagement for fundraising in ways our elected State Senate and Assembly reps consistently fail at — getting our fair share of public education dollars.
If you’re looking for that end of the year charitable contribution, IPSF is the place to go. From their last minute appeal email:
- Every donation is MATCHED by the City of Irvine, doubling the impact of your gift.
- IPSF is the ONLY organization that can add more teachers and instructional assistants to IUSD classrooms.
- Donations to IPSF benefit EVERY student (providing classroom support, music and many other programs), making each school stronger.
- Donations are TAX-DEDUCTIBLE.
- It’s EASY – you can donate online
We are only 10% away from reaching our goal to raise $1.3 million in matching funds. Please give by December 31st and help us provide a world class education to each child in every school.