If you’re looking for a hot temporary job where the bottom line results of your efforts will be readily apparent the day after election day, the Democratic Party of Orange County needs you. The DPOC is seeking a Field Director to drive Get Out The Vote (GOTV) efforts for the mid term elections. There’s generally a slight Republican advantage in voter registration, when Democrats register new voters and when Democrats get out and vote, Democrats win.
The job description is below; tell Nick Anas you found out about the job here from TheLiberalOC. The job starts late August through November 7.
In 2014, Orange County is host to two of the most important legislative district races in California. The Democratic Party of Orange County will run robust a field campaign starting in late August and leading up to the November 4th election to help get out the vote in our priority races.
Our coordinated campaign efforts are tightly integrated with local campaigns to ensure maximum use of our volunteers for the entire Democratic ticket. We are working with campaigns, unions, progressive organizations, and community leaders to ensure that we elect Democrats up and down the ticket in November.
The Democratic Party of Orange County is seeking a Field Director on behalf of our endorsed candidates across the county. The Field Director will be responsible for implementing local field, voter identification, and voter engagement programs for the Democratic Party of Orange County.
The Field Director will work directly with the Executive Director and Volunteer Coordinator in implementing the coordinated campaign plan, including voter identification, engagement and turnout through direct canvassing and phone banking. The Field Director will also maintain contact with our community allies to ensure our outreach goals are met.
The Field Director will lead the DPOC’s voter targeting and contact goals that include, but are not limited to:
● Ability to write and implement a comprehensive, data-driven field plan
● Build and manage a field leadership team to execute said field plan
● Set, meet and exceed benchmarks for voter contact, volunteer recruitment, and GOTV
● Design and implement best practices for data management using the DPOC’s voter file software
● Establish a strong professional culture within the field organization focused on accountability, specific goals, innovation and sense of purpose
● Coordinate field organizing with fundraising operations
● 1+ cycles of campaign field experience
● Experience managing and training volunteers
● Experience designing, maintaining and improving a goal-oriented structure without compromising staff autonomy or innovation
● Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meeting frequent deadlines
● Experience with and ability to train on PDI/MOE
● Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills; successful at motivating staff to meet recruitment and voter
Ability to travel within Orange County as needed
Salary is commensurate with experience
The DPOC does not discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume as a PDF to Nick Anas via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please “Field Director” in the subject line.