Fascinating! Senior DA: No Probe of Anaheim Records Destruction

The Orange County district attorney’s office will not investigate ongoing reports of records destruction at Anaheim City Hall unless employees contact the DA’s office with evidence, Senior District Attorney Bill Feccia declared late last week in an interview with Voice of OC reporter Adam Elmahrek.

“We don’t do investigations on rumors, on anonymous sources, or on newspaper articles. If people have evidence — if there’s evidence — then let them come forward, walk through our front door, and present us with that evidence. But the evidence that we’ve seen so far doesn’t warrant an investigation on our part,” Feccia said

From the Voice of OC Story:

Feccia’s announcement comes after revelations of memos written by supervisors in Anaheim’s Planning and Community Preservation departments ordering employees to purge emails and other correspondence. Experts on the state’s records laws said the memos appear to ask employees to illegally destroy records.

The directives were especially egregious, experts said, because they came after Voice of OC filed a request under the California Public Records Act for communications between council members and various city departments.

Feccia’s statement feeds the perception that the Orange County District Attorney’s office prefers to overlook public misconduct as a general rule. Based upon his standards, if the corruption scandal in the City of Bell happened in Orange County it would not have been investigated because an LATimes report uncovered the misconduct.

Elmahrek’s interview with Feccia makes his disdain for investigative reports highlighting possible misconduct clear.

“I already spent six to eight months of my professional time last year chasing newspaper accounts on the assessor’s office. I’m just not going to spend six to eight months of this year chasing ghosts.”

What Feccia is saying is that unless people are willing to risk their jobs and make a complaint directly to his office, he isn’t going to investigate anything.

Priceless!

Read the complete Voice of OC story here: Senior DA: No Probe of Orders to Purge Anaheim Records

  3 comments for “Fascinating! Senior DA: No Probe of Anaheim Records Destruction

  1. gericault
    January 18, 2012 at 7:39 am

    Our county DA’s office is corrupt. When it comes to political prosecutions they circle the wagons and protect the politicians. Thats why even with the presented evidence, the OC Fair Board members responsible for illegally lobbying for the sale through Dick Ackermans lobbying firm are still walking around and telling everyone they were exonerated by the DA. They weren’t exonerated, the DA just refused to do his job. It’s corruption at it’s worst. Same thing is happening here.

  2. henry lipton
    January 19, 2012 at 11:51 pm

    Vern Nelson over at the OJB has uncovered some new evidence on Dick Ackerman and got the same brush off from the same DA. The Feccia guy.

  3. henry lipton
    January 19, 2012 at 11:52 pm

    And lts not forget that guy Tim Donnelly who tried to carry a loaded gun onto a plane in Ontario.

Comments are closed.