Noose hung outside the Office of the Orange County Labor Federation

ORANGE, CA – Law enforcement officials today removed a noose hung outside the offices of the Orange County Labor Federation (OCLF).  Tefere Gebre, OCLF’s executive director made the following statement on the matter:

“This was a cowardly act, designed to intimidate working families.

“We are unafraid. We are undeterred.  We will redouble our efforts to create good-paying jobs and continuing fighting to protect workers’ rights.

“We may have differences on how best to create jobs, but we can settle our differences democratically.

“We are working with the authorities to bring these cowards to justice.”

For a status report on the investigation, contact the Orange Police Department.

14 comments for “Noose hung outside the Office of the Orange County Labor Federation

1. junior
    September 2, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Aren’t they a little quick to point the finger of blame? It could just have easily been a union worker who may have been digruntled because of lack of work – or they lost their union insurance because of lack of work.

• Kathy Findley
      September 2, 2011 at 5:54 pm

You are never at a lose for stupid things to say. No one pointed a finger anywhere or at anyone, but at least the Union had the brains to call the police, make a report, and take a picture of the damage. That way it is documented and there is some actual proof.

J.R., trying reading the entire article next time. This was a short one, it can’t be that hard. I also notice you are the first one to comment and you always have to comment. If you hate liberals and unions so much, why do you frequent this site? Do you actually think you are making an impact? There are people who disagree with us that have intelligent, well thought out things to say. You, never do.

• junior
        September 3, 2011 at 7:24 am

And you Kathy are never at a “lose” for really rude, nasty comments for those with whom you disagree. Those are the tactics of Art Pedroza and Sean Mill.

Ask Dan and Chris if they disapprove of disenting opinions on their blog.

I almost replied to you in your same vituperative manner – but my comment was lost – I am glad that it did not go through in that ugly manner which belongs to you.

2. September 2, 2011 at 6:27 pm

Yeah, the only culprit fingered in the article is nameless “cowards.”

Are you defending cowards, Junior? Are you saying cowards didn’t do it?

• Kathy Findley
      September 2, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Thank you!

• junior
      September 3, 2011 at 7:30 am

I am very surprised at your comment here Vern. It is quite apparent that the OCLF is targeting Tea Party types in their statement. Your are resorting to the Art Pedroza and Sean Mill tactic of ignoring the obvious.

“intimidate working families”

“continuing fighting to protect workers’ rights”

I am embarassed for you Vern.

• September 3, 2011 at 10:50 am

I seriously don’t see that at all, Junior. You’re defining “Tea Party types” as folks that oppose workers’ rights and “intimidate working families?” Some of the Tea Party types I know are actual working families. I think your imagination is on overdrive today. Don’t be embarrassed for me, I’m the same tell-it-like-it-is guy I always was.

• junior
          September 3, 2011 at 1:00 pm

Ok Vern – you tell me what group or groups of people would fit these parameters in the eyes of the union:

Those opposed to “workers rights” and would “intimidate working families.”

With what group of people would the union “settle their differences democraticaly”?

Who are they Vern – who is the union defining here as to blame for the noose?

You tell me who the union is targeting in their statement – if I am so off-base in your view.

• September 3, 2011 at 3:19 pm

You are really showing paranoia today. No person or group of people is blamed in this piece.

And Jesus, the irony – the classic right-wing victimhood! You’d think it was Junior or the Tea Party that got a noose put on its door.

• junior
              September 3, 2011 at 4:08 pm

OCLF wants to settle their differences democratically with … nobody ???

That is not credible Vern. They must have some political opponent in mind in order to participate in settlement of differences democratically.

• September 3, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Have a nice day, Junior. Nobody is attacking you or your beloved Tea Party. I must .. be off…

3. junior
    September 3, 2011 at 8:30 pm

where is kathy77 i need someone to argue with.

• Kathy Findley
      September 3, 2011 at 9:40 pm

I KNEW you missed me!;-)

4. junior
    September 4, 2011 at 12:05 pm

the union is fingering conservatives by implication – it is obvious for those without blinders on.