The Irvine Public Schools Foundation (IPSF) today announced that ticket sales for the organization’s inaugural gala were selling briskly but corporate sponsorships for the event are still available.Â The â€œSpirit of Excellenceâ€ premiere gala event celebrates the achievements of five of the Irvine Unified School Districtâ€™s (IUSD) alumni while generating vital funds needed to maintain the world class education provided in Irvine’s public schools.Â
The Spirit of Excellence Gala is set for Friday, September 10 at the beautiful KIA Motors Headquarters in Irvine, and will highlight the accomplishments of five distinguished alumni from the IUSD.Â Their inspiring achievements, including performing artist, jazz musician, medical doctor, and professional athlete, are outlined in this packet.Â
“We are delighted with the support we have received from the local business community and Irvine families for this event and we’re looking to make this Gala the biggest event for supporting education in Irvine’s history,” said Neda Zaengle, CEO, IPSF.Â “Great schools make it easier for local employers to attract exceptional professionals.Â We’re looking for additional corporate sponsors to help us help them make Irvine a great place to live and send your kids to great schools.Â We’re grateful for the support we have so far and there’s still room to join us.”
The honorees for the evening include:Â
- Nasim Pedrad, a graduate of University High, an actress and comedienne who recently joined the cast of NBC’s “Saturday Night Live.”
- Jeremy Siskind, a graduate of Irvine High School, a pianist for Eastman Jazz of New York City.Â Mr. Siskind will also perform at the Gala.
- Dr. Richard Baick, a graduate of University High School and a physician with the Irvine Family PracticeÂ Medical Group.
- Garrett Atkins, a graduate of University High School, a 3-time All-American baseball player with UCLA andÂ player with the Colorado Rockies and Baltimore Orioles.
- Adam Keefe, a graduate of Woodbridge High School, a former member of the NBA Utah Jazz and the fifth all-team leading scorer in the PAC-10 for Stanford.
IUSD public schools are among the best in the nation.Â Most of our schools have been recognized as California Distinguished Schools and National Blue Ribbon Schools.Â Those honors could never be achieved without active support from the community.Â IPSF needs the participation of our entire community â€“ local businesses and corporations, parents, and community leaders, to help celebrate and honor the accomplishments of current and former students, and keep IUSD moving forward, not backwards.
For questions or additional information, please contact IPSF at (949) 265-6409 or go to www.IPSF.net.
Irvine Public Schools Foundation (IPSF) provides financial support and enrichment programs for the students of the Irvine Unified School District.
From its inception as a grassroots organization IPSFâ€™s focus is to be the pillar of support for all 27,000 IUSD students, K-12.
Pure and simple.
IPSF believes that only through community support can we provide the best educational opportunities for our children. When you make an investment by donating to IPSF, you’re making a statement. That you won’t settle for mediocre education in your community. That your children deserve the best.
By working with individuals, community groups and corporations, IPSF ensures that the quality of your child’s education is comparable to the finest private schools in the country, and at a cost that’s a fraction of private school tuition.