I’m wiped from two straight days at ComicCon in San Diego but opened my Facebook page and found this ditty from our friend Allan Bartlett.
It’s the questionnaire for the OC GOP for Republican candidates for office and even for endorsement in non-partisan races.Â And the issue of carpetbagging makes the grade.Â Seems our county Republicans are continuing their move to the far right.
I’ll be interested to see how many candidates complete these questionnaires and whether or not the OC GOP makes these documents public.Â Always nice to se the OC GOP place party politics ahead of actual governance and priorities voters care about.Â Guns, gays, and illegal immigration issues still rank prominently with the OC GOP.
Here’s the questionnaire:
In order to be considered for an endorsement, candidates must sign the â€œUnion-Freeâ€ pledge:
I WILL NOT ACCEPT CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTIONS FROM GOVERNMENT UNIONS.
Name: ______________________ Office you are seeking: _____________________
Are you a registered Republican? _____ Yes _____ No
If so, for how long? _____________
Do you currently live in the jurisdiction in which you are running? ___ Yes ___ No.
If so, how long have you been registered to vote in this jurisdiction? ________
positions on the issues. Your answers need not be exhaustive, nor are you expected to be an
expert on each issue. Our interest is in learning your views on these issues. Please attach
additional pages for your answers if needed.
1. Please list your involvement with the Orange County Republican Party and/or any other
2. Do you support the State Party Platform in its entirety? _____Yes ____No
If not, please state any areas of disagreement that you have with the California Republican
3. Please list any financial contributions and/or endorsements you have given to Democrats in
the past 10 years.
4. Please state your position on what key reforms, if any, you would support to our education
5. Please state your position on what key reforms, if any, you would support to Californiaâ€™s
eminent domain and redevelopment laws.
6. Do you support repeal of the national health care plan (â€œObamacareâ€)? ____Yes ____No
7. Do you believe in the Separation of Powers (10thAmendment)?
Yes ____ No ____
8. How does or would this principle (Separation of Powers) affect the manner in which you
would govern / make decisions in your elected position?
9. THE FOLLOWING IS THE â€œTAXPAYER PROTECTION PLEDGEâ€ WHICH MUST BE SIGNED IN
ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN ENDORSEMENT.
I, ________________________, pledge to the taxpayers of My District of the
State of California and all the people of this state that I will oppose
and vote against any and all efforts to increase taxes including any
taxes that are labeled â€œfees.â€
Will you support efforts to end federal and state over regulation of water distribution
in California? ______ Yes _____ No
Do you support the â€œThree Strikes and Youâ€™re Outâ€ law? ____ Yes ____ No
12. Do you support the repeal of Judicially Mandated prisoner early release programs and
massive spending on prison health care? _____ Yes _____ No
13. Do you support the death penalty? _____ Yes _____ No
14. Do you support suspending the regulatory requirements of AB32 due to Californiaâ€™s
current recession? ____ Yes ____ No
15. Do you support â€œright to workâ€ laws? _____ Yes _____ No
16. Do you support the right of parents to place their children in private school, charter
school or home schooling situations? ____ Yes ____ No
17. Do you support changing the law in the State of California so that teachers will be
graded, promoted and given raises and tenure on the basis of qualifications and
achievement rather than time in service (seniority)? _____ Yes ____ No
18. Do you support removing safe-drilling restrictions from Californiaâ€™s coast and within
its borders? _____ Yes _____ No
19. Do you support same sex marriage? ____ Yes ____ No
20. Should schools teach their students that homosexuality is an â€œalternativeâ€ or â€œnormalâ€
lifestyle? ____ Yes ____ No
21. Do you support health insurance pools, health savings accounts and freedom of
insurance carriers to compete across state lines? ____ Yes ____ No
22. Should California give free education (or in-state tuition rates) at the secondary level
(college or higher) to illegal aliens? ____ Yes ____ No
23. Should cities and other governmental entities be required to check the immigration status
of those arrested for crimes and turned over to I.C.E. after they serve their sentence?
_____ Yes ____ No
24. Should public entities, such as a city, county, state or the federal government, take private
property from an individual or business for any purpose other than true public use such
as to build a roadway, a government building or a military installation? ___ Yes ___ No
25. Do you support legislation to make California a â€œshall issueâ€ state regarding the
issuance of a â€œCarry Concealed Weaponâ€ permit? ____ Yes ____ No
26. Should the pro-life plank of the California Republican Party be removed? ____ Yes
27. Do you support laws that restrict abortion for minors such as parental notification of
abortion for a minor? ____ Yes ___ No
28. Do you support taxpayer funding of abortion? ____ Yes ____ No
29. Do you support keeping the two-thirds super majority for the CA state legislature to pass
any new taxes / budget? ___ Yes ____ No
30. Do you support a constitutional amendment prohibiting the state government from
taking funds from other pubic entities (such as cities, counties, school districts, etc.) to
balance its own budget? ___ Yes ___ No
31. Do you favor or oppose changing defined benefit plans to defined contribution plans for
public employee retirement benefits? _____ Favor ____ Oppose
Dated: ___________, 2010
Candidateâ€™s signature required