UPDATE: LiberalOC Lawsuit against Art Pedroza

As we mentioned last week, TheLiberalOC has filed suit against Art Pedroza owner of the Orange Juice Blog  for cybersquatting and trademark infringement. I just wanted to give you the update, Art Pedroza was personally served at 3:45pm today.

We’ll just call it an early Valentine’s Day gift.

Pedroza will have 21 days to respond.

14 comments for “UPDATE: LiberalOC Lawsuit against Art Pedroza

February 12, 2010 at 5:29 pm

Our readers need to know Art worked hard to evade service by refusing to answer his door when the process server knocked. Once, his son answered and told the server his dad wasn’t home even though both cars were in the driveway. Again, bravado with Art goes only as far as the keyboard.

2. February 12, 2010 at 5:48 pm

Dan,

Not true. I wasn’t home the first two times.

I even told your server today that I felt bad that he had to come out several times.

• Eric Cooper
      February 12, 2010 at 8:26 pm

Hey Dan and Art, which boxing gym are you going to use for this? I’ll buy a ticket

• Dan Chmielewski
        February 12, 2010 at 10:36 pm

I wouldn’t touch Art with your finger. He’s a replusive individual who hides from women behind children

• Dan Chmielewski
      February 12, 2010 at 10:09 pm

On Monday morning, around 7:30 with both cars in the driveway? You weren’t home? Where were you? Cruising Santiago Park? Sleeping over someone’s house? You’re an unbeliveable liar Art.

3. John
    February 12, 2010 at 6:37 pm

LOL….He has to leave the house sometime.

My verification words: were shysters

It will be a good day when Art “was” a shyster. For now he still is.

4. duplojohn
    February 12, 2010 at 7:46 pm

Looks to me like art continues to stick to the “issues”. He’s got Sgt.”Parks” blogging now, while what I read here is about a six year old murder (in the vein of Corona, Grossly publicized), another story about the Vietnamese gay movement, and…….Beth Krom.

Don’t worry, you guys will catch him, serve him and then what?

What have you become?

• Dan Chmielewski
      February 12, 2010 at 10:10 pm

John –
      we become people willing to protect our rights, our names and our reputations.

5. jose s.
    February 12, 2010 at 9:09 pm

you guys embarrass yourselves.

6. February 12, 2010 at 10:34 pm

Dan,

We have three vehicles. My daughter drives my SUV. I have a pick-up truck.

Ask the process server. He’ll verify what I told him.

21 days until we get your silly case dismissed.

See you at the Tet Festival tomorrow!

7. Dano
    February 14, 2010 at 11:36 am

Is cybersquatting a crime?

• February 14, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Dano,

Yes it is. Otherwise there would be no basis for the lawsuit on that charge.

8. ocmartiniman
    February 15, 2010 at 9:14 am

Let your case evolve on its own. All you are doing is giving those who believe or are inclined to believe that it is a petty, frivolous vengeance suit ammunition to believe so. I do not think it is, but you all are really going a long way to convince people otherwise with posts (and comments, Dan)like these.

9. February 26, 2010 at 11:03 am

I, for one, applaud you guys for filing the suit. Buying up domains that match your names and then redirecting traffic to NAMBLA, and THEN laughing about it on Orange Juice can’t even rise to the level of juvenile behavior. The human stain called Pedroza should be treated like Sherman treated Atlanta.

By the way, did you know half of the ads on his blog are fakes? Doesn’t have permission to run them. Just a pathetic attempt to appear respectable. I entered the blogging scene during the recall in Mission Viejo and within 3 days it was clear to me what sort of troglodyte Pedroza is.