Here’s a copy of the job.Â With OC’s list of registered Democrats growing, it could be you who plays a major role in turning this Red County blue…..
The Democratic Party of Orange County is accepting applications for the immediate hire of a full-time Executive Director.
Deadline for resume submission is 5:00 pm, Monday, February 1st, 2010.
The Executive Director is responsible for managing the Party’s ongoing programs and operations, helping to develop and implement the strategic plan, and supervising other employees and volunteers. Job duties include the following, in addition to others at the discretion of the Executive Officers:
- Political Action. Implementing the Party’s voter registration and voter contact programs, including training, recruiting, materials development, campaign relations, GOTV, etc. Supporting candidate recruitment and development and campaign support with the Executive Committee and Standing Committees. Coordinating logistics for member communications programs as needed.
- Fundraising. Helping to meet the Party’s financial goals by participating in the overall fundraising plan and budget, writing and sending periodic appeal letters/emails, cultivating donors and prospects, and helping to organize the annual Truman Dinner and other special events.
- Communications. Disseminating timely and relevant messages to Party members, volunteers, and other DPOC constituencies via e-mail, the website, phone contact, and other means. Creating forms, publications, and related materials to meet the Party’s communications and organizational needs. Working with the Executive Officers and others as appropriate to advance the Party’s goals in the news media. Provide written monthly status reports to the Executive Committee and Central Committee, as appropriate.
- Strategic Planning. Advancing the goals and objectives of the Party’s long-term strategy, including planning, implementation, and measurement. Facilitating the above functions as well as candidate support, Party infrastructure, regional organizing, and more.
- Technology Support. Working to ensure that technology systems meet the Party’s needs for data management, graphics, online engagement, and other activities.
- Personnel Management. Providing day-to-day supervision for employees, interns, and volunteers, including training, evaluation, addressing employment-related issues, and making and following up on assignments. Develop and coordinate the Party’s pool of volunteers and interns.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be able to work with diverse cultures and communities.
- Previous experience in fundraising and campaign organizing required.Â
- Must possess strong communication, organizational, and follow-through skills.Â
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.Â
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, and various social media.Â
- Must be a team player and able to work effectively with a variety of personalities.Â
- College degree in political science or related field desirable.Â
- Knowledge of Orange County’s politics desirable.
This is a full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applicants should supply a cover letter, resume, references, and salary history.
All materials are to be emailed to Search Committee Chair, Jacob Penn Sangiorgio, at Jacob@ocdemocrats.org no later than Monday, February 1st, at 5pm.
No Phone Calls Please.
The Democratic Party of Orange County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.