The disgusting slime fest continues between A.D. #72 Assembly seat Republican candidates Chris Norby, Orange County Supervisor, and Linda Ackerman, wife of former Assemblyman/Senator Dick Ackerman.
The special election to replace disgraced Republican Assemblyman Mike Duvall is set for November 17th. The sole Democratic candiate, middle school history teacher John MacMurray, has stayed above and out of the gutter-level fray.
In today’s mail, A.D. # 72 voters received the trashy direct mailer (pictured above) which smears Norby, fairly or unfairly, with a vicious streak rarely seen in even Orange County circles. The mailer is marked as having been sent by “Alliance for California’s Tomorrow, a California business coalition,” but few doubt that the Ackerman camp is behind this stunning piece.
(For the 411 on Norby’s recent direct mailer smacking Ackerman’s reputation, see Norby, Ackerman Carry On Duvall Tradition of Sleazy Republican Politics in A.D. #72 Special Election .)
Statements in the mailer, other than those depicted above, include:
- “After CHRIS NORBY was found guilty of sexual harrassment, he never apologized to the woman he offended or to taxpayers after his bad behavior forced county taxpayers to foot the bill for his high-priced attorneys.”
- “The Court of Appeals said Supervisor CHRIS NORBY’S actions ‘demonstrate rude, inappropriate, and offensive behavior,’ yet Norby claims that court cleared him of all wrong doing.”
- “From official court testimony: ‘…Norby took Mokley by the arm, pulled her to his body, and asked, ‘Did you come here to lobby me?’”
- “Chris Norby was fined $10,000 by the Fair Political Practice Commission.”
- “Norby was caught illegaly using campaign funds for personal use.”
- “Chris Norby voted to raise hs own pay by 25%.”
Republican candidates Chris Norby and Linda Ackerman certainly don’t sound like improvements over the politico they both seek to replace, former Assemblyman Mike “Family Values” Duvall who resigned about being caught talking smut into a hot mike about his sexual escapades with two energy industry lobbyists.
The November 17th special elections is still three weeks away. Unimaginable the hellacious depths Norby and Ackerman may yet take their seething vendetta.