The Orange County Register’ Deepa Bharath is reporting that the Westminster Police Department has completed it’s investigation of QuatchGate and turned over their report to the District Attorney, who will decide whether to press criminal charges in the case. Why do I have a sneaking suspicion this “case” ain’t going anywhere?
It turns out that Van Tran was there at the scene. Convieniently he allegedly arrived after Quach called him from the scene. If I read Tran’s quotes correctly he saw Quach at the West Coast Buffet on Beach Blvd. When he briefly stopped by to “say hello” after attending a vigil in Santa Ana. I wonder if Deepra asked what vigil Tran attended? He says he left Quach around 10 pm.
It is just as possible that Tran was in the car with Quach and snuck away since he lived only a mile away. He could then have returned under new conditions. I wonder if there will be any record of Tran arriving on scene or if he was actually seen driving a car? Seems that Tran has managed to craft a somewhat plausable reason to have been at the accident scene. We’ll probably never know for sure.
The problem with citizen reporting is that we do this “reporting” stuff in our spare time. In my case I have a job to do so we will have to see if the paid reporters over at the OC Register or LA Times can dig further into the meat of this saga.
So here is what I hope they find out…
1) Where had Andy Quach been before his accident that evening (what did he tell the cops on the scene)?
2) What direction was he sleep driving when this accident happened?
3) Was anyone else detained or arrested at the scene of that accident in addition to Andy Quach?
4) Where did Councilman Quach say he was driving to (address) and where did he say his residence was?
5) How long after the accident did it take for the blood for his blood test to get drawn?
And finally for the.”Bonus Question” Was Councilman Quach treated the same way any other DUI suspect would have been?
I think I will sit back now and see what the “real reporters” are able to dig up. Maybe they can find some pictures of what Andy’s S550 looked like after he built that Drive thru on McFadden.This web is starting to get far too tangled and complicated to figure out on my own, part time.