Obama Town Hall – Blogging Live!

obamatownhall2

Your LiberalOC blog team is here at the Town Hall meeting with Barack Obama in Costa Mesa. We’ve got Dan, Steve, Bill, Misha, and myself here covering the event.

We’ll update you as often as we can, and we’ll have full reports later tonight and tomorrow morning. We will also be trying out TwitPics (on the right side-bar). The service allows us to post photos through our Twitter feed.

Today at 4:00pm KOCE (50) Real Orange will have a live special covering President Obama’s visit.

11 comments for “Obama Town Hall – Blogging Live!

1. March 18, 2009 at 2:24 pm

Well, being “literary” press isn’t all its cracked up to be. Stuck in the back behind the media riser.

2. March 18, 2009 at 2:28 pm

Dan C just called. He is still outside in the line. County CEO Tom Mauk, the guy who can’t figure out how to park his Escalade, tried to cut in line to get into the event. Staff volunteers sent him to the back of the line.

3. March 18, 2009 at 3:22 pm

The program is starting at the Obama Town Hall. and Air Force One has landed in Long Beach. I’m hearing helicopters.I wonder if the President is coming in on Marine One instead of Motorcade?

4. Publius
    March 18, 2009 at 3:32 pm

AF1 landed in Long Beach to a larger crowd than I expected just after 3 pm.
    President Obama took Marine One to Costa Mesa from there.
    KCAL just showed helicopter landing with military escorts at 3:25 pm.
    I’m glad they decided against shutting down the 405 at the beginning of rush hour. One less reason for whining over at RC.

5. PEDROZABOT
    March 18, 2009 at 3:33 pm

mijo wants to know why this event is in english only

6. March 18, 2009 at 3:52 pm

President Obama has started off speaking to a standing room only crowd. Pledges to fix problems like AIG even though he didn’t create them.

7. rg
    March 18, 2009 at 3:57 pm

liberaloc needs to update his tweets a little more with more live info and pics!

8. March 18, 2009 at 5:13 pm

The Twitter updates took more than an hour to hit my phone,so I don’t know what was happening. They looked live on the twitter update page. :(

9. March 18, 2009 at 8:18 pm

I wanted everyone to know what I saw while waiting in line. I arrived at the Fairgrounds about 1:30; after an hour, my group made it to the area where volunteerrs asked for tickets and IDs and separated us in two separate lines. Tom Mauk showed up with a small group of people and sought out a volunteer. There were still a few hundred people behind me.

Then, people in the crowd started shouting, “back of the line Mr. Mauk, back of the line.” Ebough people started shouting the same thing that the volunteer pointed Mauk to the back of the line and walked away. Mauk and his group then went to the back of the line. I snapped a few photos, but wish my videocam was ready.

But I know what I saw and I know what it looked like.

But someone saved him a seat inside.

Two things: there was clearly a long line and long wait by the time Mauk & Co got there.

2. He did appear to ask where he should go, though others going clearly understood to go to the end of the line without having to ask anyone.

Only elected officials were ushered in ahead of anyone else.

10. March 18, 2009 at 10:23 pm

Lol Wow this is awesome! Steve Im glad you got a chance to go! I think out of all of us you were the most bummed out!! And you came alone too!! Anyways people were still tring to cut huh?? Yea typical!! lol Anyways I know this is your post Chris so, awesome job!! And great photos!