Goodbye Larry Elder

And don’t let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.  Larry Elder’s last show airs on KABC today and see the announcement about it here.

Larry Elder is one of President Bush’s strongest advocates and a proud member of the 28 percent club.  There’s never a criticism of the president who drive this country into the ground.  I won’t miss Elder’s program on the air.

16 comments for “Goodbye Larry Elder

1. RHackett
    December 12, 2008 at 12:51 pm

I disliked Elder because of his constant attacks of anything liberal. I
    was repulsed by his defense of Ken Lay and Jeff Skilling stating that “Gray Davis just wasn’t able to play capitalism with the big boys.” Of course Davis was outclassed. Enron was engaging in illegalities.

Good effing riddance.

2. Kelly
    December 12, 2008 at 2:17 pm

In reality, because Larry’s views are more Libertarian than Republican, he is actually liberal on many social issues. For two small examples, he is pro gay marriage and pro choice.

Also, Larry is not a Bush supporter. In fact, he complains about Bush’s policies and mistakes on almost a daily basis. He does, however, believe that the media and public are too hard on the current president and that he is not, in fact, the antichrist. While he feels that Bush has succeeded in protecting this country from another terror attack, he vehemently opposes his economic and domestic policies.

He is one of the few conservative pundits who departs from the partisan Republican ranks and one of the few pundits who is accepting of differing viewpoints, provided you can back up your stance with facts.

Of all the conservative pundits out there, Larry is the most open-minded and fair.

3. Adam
    December 12, 2008 at 2:21 pm

Dan, It’s obvious you aren’t a Larry listener. He has plenty of criticism for Bush. Like for his support of the Wall Street bailout. Bush’s support for an auto industry bailout. Bush’s Medicare prescription drug program. The No Child Left Behind act. And much, much more.

Of the few ways that Larry does support Bush is in the decision to have gone to Iraq based on the evidence then available, the surge and the need to stay in Iraq until the country can function on its own. And his judicial nominees.

@RHackett, the reason for his attacks on anything liberal are because Larry believes in fundamental principle that people are best off when free from government interference, where the reach of government is minimized. “Anything liberal” is generally the exact opposite.

December 12, 2008 at 3:38 pm

I’ve listened to all the Larry I could stomach.

5. RHackett
    December 12, 2008 at 4:09 pm

Adam,

We’ve seen how well our society has benefitted from an administration
    that believes government interference is minimized.

It has produced one of the worst financial catastrophes of the modern era.

6. Dan from OC
    December 12, 2008 at 10:19 pm

>>Larry Elder is one of President Bush’s strongest advocates

Larry is far from a Bush lover. Overall, he is among the smartest, most fact based talk show hosts on the air. He has given Bush no mercy on his economic policies, and his increase of the national debt. Obviously “Dan” has not listened to Larry very often, if at all. Very uninformed point of view.

7. Li'l truth
    December 13, 2008 at 4:31 pm

I think that Larry will be missed. As those have stated, Larry is way more honest and libertarian than Republican by any stretch of the imagination. If you think he’s been a mouthpiece for Bush you really haven’t been listening.

December 13, 2008 at 9:03 pm

I was a pretty steady listener from 2002-2007 — Larry defended Bush to the end; his criticism in a recent phenomenon and Larry’s late to the “criticize Bush” bandwagon. I won’t miss his show.

9. Paul Hurley
    December 14, 2008 at 9:39 am

This egotistical blow hard, pompous windbag, obviously believed that what he had to say was much more important than what disagreeing callers had to say…I hear Siberia is nice this time of year, maybe there’s an opening for him there…“Adiós mi amigo.”

10. Paul
    December 14, 2008 at 6:41 pm

Jeez, reading the screeds of this post’s writer, Dan whatever his last name is, and so many others, just serves to remind me of how sickeningly disgusting the left is. Yes, there are absolutely disgusting people on the far right, I, as a conservative, will always agree with that. But if those of you on the far left can’t look in the mirror and be sickened by the same hateful attitude as those on the far right, you’re truly subhuman.

11. Adam
    December 15, 2008 at 8:14 am

“I was a pretty steady listener from 2002-2007 — Larry defended Bush to the end”

These incongruous statements make it clear that either you didn’t listen to the show, or only paid attention to what you wanted to hear.

Sorry Dan, but there’s no way you listened to Larry.

December 15, 2008 at 8:56 am

With due respect Adam, I spent four years as a broadcaster in commercial radio back in New York State; I know what I heard when I ddi listen to Larry Elder. No, I didn’t lisen to every second of every show, but I heard enough to hear him defend Bush, the Iraq War, Conservativism, et al as well as rail against anything Liberal or associated with Democrats. I know what I heard and you’re in no position to tell me not to believe my own ears.

13. Paul
    December 15, 2008 at 11:07 am

Dan Chmielewski, me thinks thou doth protest too much. Give it a rest, angry lefty.

14. Ryan
    February 1, 2009 at 9:20 pm

UMM the economic situation is directly linked the the collapse of the housing market resulting in sever financial losses in the banking industry, therefore impacting banks ability to underwrite loans for people to purchase goods. thus resulting in less goods being purchased hence a slowing economy. So since the housing market is the chief cause what laws concerning the housing market where different during the Clinton administration (democrat) then the Bush administration. anybody??? (Hell just blame Bush! its so much easier the answering the question) BUSH LIED PEOPLE DIED — YES WE CAN — CHAN CHAN CHANGE!!!!

15. RHackett
    February 2, 2009 at 6:40 pm

Ryan,

Given how the GOP had a majority for six of Clinton's eight years, why don't you tell us?

February 2, 2009 at 8:10 pm

Too bad we're not trapped in Clinton's economy