Don’t get stumped when you go to vote today. Here are a few things to remember tomorrow.
1. If you are in line by 8 pm you must be allowed to vote. But do not wait till the last minute. Allow yourself time to find your polling location, find a parking space and walk to the polls.
2. Find out where your polling place is ahead of time. That information is on your sample ballot that you should have receive prior to election day. If you do not have that information, you can find it through the Orange County Registrar of Voters website here.
3. If you are not on the list for the precinct you are registered in ask for a provisional ballot.
4. If you do not want to vote on one of the electronic voting machines, you may vote on, a paper ballot. You do have to ask for one if you want to do so.
5. If you have other questions youÂ will probably be able to find your answers atÂ the Registrar of Voters website www.ocvote.com.
6. If you run into problems at the polls like long lines, noÂ paper ballots,Â or voter intimidation,Â call the Democratic Party of Orange County at (714) 835-5158 and let them know.
Finally, do not let anything stop you from voting. There is too much at stakeÂ for you toÂ not vote. Every vote counts, so if you show up at the polls and there is a line that seems too long, suck it up and stay in line.