- Art Pedroza –Â The Orange Juice Blog – Mr. Ready, Fire, Aim prides himself on a take no prisoners approach but has demonstrated a remarkably thin skin when it comes to criticism. Art’s “The Real Orange County Political Blog Rankings” were more a reflection of which poll had his blog ranked higher than anyone else’s. A Santa Ana Ward 3 council candidate reminds voters daily that the city has a multi-million dollar deficit but somehow knows where money can be found to build new libraries and parks. Advocates for more massage parlors and likely fantasizes about Janet Nguyen. Expected to happily finish no better than second on Election Day.
- Chuck DeVore –Â Red County/Flash Report/BlogDeVore – so far to the right, even Republicans roll their eyes. Chuck makes the list for using a blog post about a religious smear against a Muslim city council candidate as an excuse to raise money for the bigot who uttered it. He also makes the list for taking credit for coining and popularizing the term “Nanny State” that first originated in a British magazine in 1964 when Chuck was still a toddler. Also suggests that if Prop 8 fails, mothers will marry sons and fathers will marry daughters to avoid paying estate taxes. I wish we could say we were making this up.
- Jon Fleischman –Â The Flash Report – Regularly browbeats Republican lawmakers into pledges of no new taxes (even for closing loopholes in a luxury boat tax). Issues policy statements. Active in the Party but never runs for elected office in today’s Yacht Party. He makes the list because he hasn’t written or spoken substantially about Mike Carona’s indictment, resignation, and tape recordings in a year despite being one of Carona’s biggest shills. Shameful.Â Pardon me, I should have said the indicted, resigned, humilitated, hypocritical ex-Sheriff Mike Carona.Â Jesus is reviewing the status of their personal relationship. And John was Mike’s biggest shill.
- Mark Landsbaum – Orange Punch – Global warming is nothing but hype. Obama is an empty suit. Al Gore is a hypocrite.Â Yours in Christ, Mr. Three Trick Pony.
- Matt Cunningham (we refuse to call him Jubal) -Â RedCounty.com/GunsandRosaries.com – With an impending Obama election and big blue coattails impacting many downticket races, Matt is about to get scarier. We appreciate the open dialogue Matt allows on Red County and that debates here with him are heated, but seldom personal, we need Matt around to show our kids what a conservative is and why conservatism is a failed ideology. You can always tell you’re winning a debate with Matt when he starts dropping phrases like Red Herring, Strawman, Fever Swamp, etc. Matt is the Ying to our Yang.
- Adam Aleman –Â Red County/Flash Report — Adam Aleman, who was working as an Assistant Assessor in San Bernardino County, was arrested for six felonies related to conducting political work while he should have been working on county business. He also pulled down a six figure taxpayer salary despite not having the skill set or experience to be an assistant assessor. That Orange jumpsuit looks fetching. Adam is looking a real jail time here. We’re actually scared for him.Â Send him a thoughtful gift, like the complete series of OZ on DVD.
- Hugh Hewitt –Â TownHall.com – We almost forgot The Cowardly Lion.Â He makes the list for hawking a book aboutÂ Sarah Palin as thought she were abouyt to be edlected to something in DC.Â And his “A Mormon in the White House” will make great kindling forÂ your fireplace once it hits the remainder rack at Barnes & NobleÂ HughÂ never lets facts get in the way of ideaology.
- Jonathan Constantine –Â Red County – Muslims are Scary. That’s all he has.
- Mike Spence – Flash Report – Gays are scary.Â One trick pony.
- Chris Prevatt – The LiberalOC.com – will draw the ire of commenters and bloggers alike, as well as elected officials, labor bosses, and hisÂ county managers.Â Probably still being stalked by Edgardo Reynoso. Paul Lucas still wants an apology from Chris, but we’re not sure for what. Walks that fine line between a county employee and a fired county employee.
Stephen Smith – Irvine Tattler. Left off the list because the Tattler is not a blog. It’s a campaign tool for Christina Shea to rip Larry Agran down without sullying her hands. Stephen makes lots of mistakes, never corrects them and seems to have reading comprehension problems when it comes to links he posts as proof. The numbers on this site are terribly low and its clear its only read by true believers.
Cameron Jackson – The OC Show/KUCI. The blog needs work (no comments = no readers). And while this show got a “Best of OC” from OC Weekly, we have to wonder how. It’s a talk show that doesn’t take calls. Jackson uses the same damn the facts approach to spouting commentary that makes Bill O’Reilly look like a responsible and nuanced host. My blowdryer puts out more wattage than KUCI. My favorite recent rant was his filleting of Todd Gallinger with talking points provided by the Irvine Tattler.Â But Steve and Cameron lack something important to be truly influential — readers.
Left off the list this year — Steven Greenhut, because we agree with him more than not.Â And anyone who can start a fan club for Grover Cleveland — a Democrat — can’t be all bad.