Diversity isn’t a strong point among rank and file Republicans. Â There’s the occassional African-American man or Asian woman, but the RNC stands are filled with white faces. Â Nothing wrong with that, but in contrast with the DNC last week in which 25 percent of the delegates were black, 5 percent Asian, 10 percent gay/lesbian, and 10 percent hispanic, which party looks more like America?
So, from watching tonight’s coverage, we’ve learned:Â
- John McCain was a POW for 5-1/2 years
- He’s strong on everything because he was a POW for 5-1/2 years
- John McCain loved Ronald Reagan who loved John McCain for being a POW for 5-1/2 years
- Sarah Palin disclosed on Labor Day ( with a cat 3 hurricane bearing down on New Orleans) that her 17 year old daughter was pregnant but will marry the baby’s father; that Palin is lawyering up for the investigation that she improperly used her office to fire someone who wouldn’t fire her idiot soon-to-be ex-brother-in-law; and that her husband was arrested for drunk driving 22 years ago. Â And a big whup to all of that.
- Palin was a member of a fringe group called AIP seeking to breakway from statehood; so much for Lincoln’s work.
- Palin was for the bridge to nowhere until she was against it.
- Palin used lobbyist connections to get more than $6 million in federal earmarks for her little town Wasilla while she was mayor.
- That Caribou Barbie knows how to field dress a deer.
- Did I forget to mention that John McCain was a POW for 5-1/2 years.
- Fred Thompson is still boring
- Joe Lieberman should have his committee chairmanships stripped immediately. Â Its funny, but you never hear Republicans seeking national unity around a Democratic candidate.