South Vietnamese Flag On Convention Floor

Garden Grove is the home to the largest concentration of Vietnamese in the United States and is represented by democrats Congresswoman Loretta Sanchez (47th District), State Senator Lou Correa, and and Assemblyman Jose Solorio. Delegate Misha Houser of Garden Grove is representing the 47th Congressional District at the Convention.

For the four days of the Convention, Houser will proudly carry the South Vietnamese flag on the Convention floor. “Although there are no Vietnamese-American delegates (from Orange County) to the Democratic National Convention I felt it was important that the community be represented at the Convention,” said Houser. “Despite what Van Tran and the OC GOP may want people to believe, there are plenty of Democrats in the Vietnamese community. They are here with me at the Democratic Convention in spirit and in my heart. , Minh Luu from San Jose is the only Vietnamese-American Convention Delegate (h/t Bolsavik).

Delegates Misha Houser (l) and Santa Ana City Councilwoman Michelle Martinez
47th District Delegates Misha Houser (l) and Santa Ana City Councilwoman Michelle Martinez

10 comments for “South Vietnamese Flag On Convention Floor

1. jose s.
    August 26, 2008 at 12:46 am

shameless pandering for the vietnamese vote by both candidates.

2. August 26, 2008 at 8:01 am

Cool.

Actually there’s a Vietnamese-American delegate there, Minh Luu from San Jose.

3. Tony Bui
    August 26, 2008 at 1:30 pm

THANKS.

THANKS.

THANKS.

4. Ken Arnold
    August 26, 2008 at 2:41 pm

Good going Misha!!!

Jose S.
    Misha is not a candidate for anything but a concerned citizen and good Democrat.

5. Sean H. Mill
    August 26, 2008 at 2:49 pm

Too funny!!!!

Now she wants to try and build bridges between the DPOC and the Vietnamese community.

LOL!!!!

6. August 26, 2008 at 4:08 pm

You know, Dan — look at comment 3 up there — I think it is YOUR blog that automatically puts up those links whenever a story links to you. I never see those anywhere else. You oughtta take back your accusations of “blogwhoring” against me and Sarah.

August 26, 2008 at 5:18 pm

No Vern; it’s them linking to us and I have purged the message for consistency’s sake. Though frankly, I don’t mind the attention from TotalBuzz. Sorry I wasn’t Johnny-on-the-spot. But I’m not taking anything back.

8. Jorge Sanchez
    August 27, 2008 at 9:19 am

Misha Houser really cares about the Vietnamese community…just look at how she treated her previous Vietnamese candidate Hoa Van Tran.

9. September 2, 2008 at 3:03 pm

This photo is not helping the Democratic Party gain the support of Vietnamese American voters.

OC Dems, intentionally or not, excluded a significant constituency from being on the convention floor.

There are plenty of Democrats in the Vietnamese American community, says Houser. Yet she could not find one to join her in person!

This DNC photo makes specter of Vietnamese Americans while mocking democratic values of representation and inclusion!

10. September 2, 2008 at 3:30 pm

GGG: which Viets from OC ran for a delegate position? I’m not aware of a single one.