Happy Election Day! How Was Your Voting?

Have you voted yet? If not, you still have until 8:00 PM tonight. Go over to www.ocvote.com to see where your polling place is.

But if you already have voted, what was your experience? Was the polling place busy? Were all the machines working? Or did you do what I did, which was vote by mail so you wouldn’t have to go to the polling place today?

Consider this an open thread. Go ahead and tell me your election day experience. I promise I’ll listen.

And by the way, please feel free to come back tonight after the polls close. We’ll make sure to keep you updated on who’s winning and who’s losing in all the local & state contests you care about.

But enough about us… Tell us your election day experience! ;-)

15 comments for “Happy Election Day! How Was Your Voting?

June 3, 2008 at 11:21 am

Trouble with two machines at Northwood High School in Irvine. My ballot wouldn’t print and the console froze. I had to get a new number and vote again on a different machine

2. THe Message
    June 3, 2008 at 11:25 am

Paper ballots my friend. I don’t trust those machines as far as I can throw them.

June 3, 2008 at 11:41 am

The machine froze before it could print out my ballot; I had to go back and do it again. No big deal today….but come November…..

4. June 3, 2008 at 12:01 pm

Dan-

Yikes! So the machines are breaking down again? I hope this isn’t happening all over the county.

5. keepdapeace
    June 3, 2008 at 12:07 pm

No problems in Tustin. As expected, there were more seniors at he senior center enjoying coffee than there were voters. And that was with two precincts combined into one. Never, ever had a problem with the technology.

6. June 3, 2008 at 12:14 pm

A lot of polling places in FV have moved from past locations. As a permanent absentee they don’t print the polling location on the sample ballot. I went out to drop off our ballots figuring the polls would be in one of the 3 previous locations. Couldn’t find ours and had to drop at another precinct where I found out that my precinct was at another location outside of the precinct and over a mile from our house.

7. Heather Pritchard
    June 3, 2008 at 12:15 pm

I sent my absentee ballot in on Saturday. But Wow, what a day, my husband on the ballot, a little weird :)

8. June 3, 2008 at 2:29 pm

Heather-

My goodness! What a week for you! :-)

Ken-

Yikes! Was there any advance notice from the Registrar of Voters that the Fountain Valley polling locations have changed? If not, I fear you’re not the only one who will have had this experience today.

peace-

Crap. Well, did the seniors enjoying their coffee at least vote before they filled up their mugs? I hope so. What will it take to get more pople interested in their democratic system?

9. jose s.
    June 3, 2008 at 2:49 pm

my polling place as of 2:30 had less that 30 people so far. looks like another dismal turnout.

10. Gary Kephart
    June 3, 2008 at 2:56 pm

It was odd seeing my name on the ballot. But at least I’m assured one vote! :)

11. Heather Pritchard
    June 3, 2008 at 3:07 pm

Gary – Ditto for Gary :)

Both Gary and I are going to be at Steve Youn’s office tonight for the returns, Charlotte is hanging out with her Grandmother! Hope to see some of you there.

12. keepdapeace
    June 3, 2008 at 3:39 pm

No, Andrew, they al voted absentee so it wouldn’t interfere with their day.

13. June 3, 2008 at 5:29 pm

No problems in Santa Ana, other than still having to vote at Calvary Chapel. Poll workers looked very bored.

14. demmother
    June 3, 2008 at 6:04 pm

Gary K.

Just consider it as getting some name recognition.

15. demmother
    June 3, 2008 at 8:43 pm

Hope some dems turned out – roveral democratic turnout looks pretty sad at the moment