Schroeder is Not Vader; He’s Jason

UPDATE: Orange Punch is reporting the Secretary of State’s office has released the list of candidates for the June Primary and Debbie Cook i slisted as the Mayor of Huntington Beach.

HT to Red County and Total Buzz

The Mike Schroeder/Debbie Cook lawsuit is still alive, on life support, but still alive.  Schroeder will appear in Court in Sacramento this afternoon to continue arguing the merits of Debbie Cook’s ballot designation.

Just when you think the guy is done, he springs back to life.  Meanwhile, I’m sure Debbie Cook’s legal team continues to rack up the hours that the Republican challengers to this legal effort will have to pay back.

6 comments for “Schroeder is Not Vader; He’s Jason

1. Steven Greenhut
    March 28, 2008 at 3:00 pm

Dan: Orange Punch isn’t reporting that … who is reporting it? I can’t find that info any where.

March 28, 2008 at 4:49 pm

Steve — read your own blog. http://orangepunch.freedomblogging.com/2008/03/27/candidate-list-for-june/

There’s a link in this post that takes you to the candidates running; Cook is listed as Mayor.

3. Steven Greenhut
    March 28, 2008 at 9:26 pm

Dan:
    How embarrassing for me. Or maybe I can claim I was just trying to get you to link to our blog! :)

4. R. Scott Moxley
    March 29, 2008 at 8:20 am

Dan,

I’m not sure this is going to work.

From Wikipedia: “Since Friday the 13th, Jason Voorhees has been depicted as a non-verbal, indestructible, machete-wielding mass murderer.”

Schroeder speaks.

Regards,

RSM

March 29, 2008 at 11:02 am

But does he say anything Scott? Michael Myers won’t work either. We’ll have to keep working on this one.

The side note is how this story was portrayede at RedCounty: “Debbie Cook Lawsuit Loses.” And still no really mention of the Republicans using the “mayor” designation in their ballots despite having achieved the office the same way Cook did. And I am pleased that the Register reported this information in online versions of the story even though it didn’t make the print edition.

March 29, 2008 at 11:22 am

Steve — I had only a second to get the post up before I had to dash, but will link to the blog later today. Promise. I must confess, reading the ballot designation as having been posted by the Register’s blog was comforting. We do this for fun here, but this is the Register’s forte'; breaking news. Nice going.