Until the newly elected Democratic president raises her/his hand to take the Oath of Office and the miserable failure that is the administration of George W. Bush comes to a bitter end.Ã‚Â
The President is a lame duck now, but still in a position to further damage this country at home and abroad.
Predictions from Jan 20, 2009, after the flip:
- We’ll still be in Iraq at nearly full strength.
- Our economy will be lethargic at best and tanking at worst due to choking federal bugdet deficits and rising national debt.
- There will be more Democratic Senators elected and more Democratic Congressional representatives elected, but not enough to be immune from obstructionist Republicans.
- President Bush’s approval ratings will be the lowest of any president since Jimmy Carter; slight uptick if daughter Jenna has a White House wedding.
- Osama bin Laden will still be at large
- Gas will be over $4 a gallon
- Blanket presidential pardons to Rove, Libby, Condi, Cheney, Rummy, Wolfy and anyone else Bush continues to be loyal too.
- Calls from legislative Republicans to ratchet back executive power so easier granted to Bush that they don’t want President Hillary Clinton to have control of.
- Except for pockets of inertia, the country mpoves more to the center-left politically.
But we have only one more year of W to put up with.Ã‚Â And that is worth celebrating.