Forget me not.

I’ve always been a lucky guy.

When I started this website over a year ago I was lucky to find such a solid team of progressive writers to help fill this page with content.

I was lucky that our commentary was taken so seriously in the local blogosphere and in the local media.

And it looks like my lucky streak is continuing; I’ve found some opportunities in Phoenix Arizona that will allow me to be closer to my parents and family.  This will be my last blog post at TheLiberalOC.com.

I think that once you’re an OC political junkie, you’re always an OC political junkie.  So I’ll be back, at least in cyberspace.

I’m leaving Southern California this coming weekend, so if you’d like to say “farewell,” come out to Drinking Liberally on Thursday night at Memphis Bar in downtown Santa Ana.  The crowd shows up after 8:30 p.m.

sig.jpg

P.S. If you need to get your Mike Lawson fix, visit my personal blog: WhatSomeWouldCallLies.com

17 comments for “Forget me not.

1. Ellinorianne
    December 10, 2007 at 5:03 am

Although I’m very new to the OC liberal, I know you will be missed, but opportunities are made for a reason and I’m glad you have one to grab hold of, best of luck to you!

2. Ellinorianne
    December 10, 2007 at 5:04 am

So new, I keep getting the name mixed up, I’m also new to the Liberal OC.

3. Andrew Davey
    December 10, 2007 at 7:05 am

Elli-

No problem. We’re glad to have you here in our happy lil’ community. :-)

Mike-

So you’re leaving me now? You’re leaving us? Fine, leave us alone then… /snark

No really, we’ll miss you. We’ll miss your witty posts, your fun cartoons, and your fearless leadership here. You made this blog happen, and we’ll never forget that. Oh yes, and did I say that we’ll really miss you?

4. December 10, 2007 at 7:31 am

Mike,

Best of luck. I’ll be hosting the RSM Drinking Liberally, so won’t be able to make it to the Santa Ana one. We’ll raise a glass to you.

5. Alicia
    December 10, 2007 at 8:55 am

We are sorry to see you go, Mike! Thank you for all your humerous and heart-felt contributions to the Orange County political landscape. You will be sorely missed. Good luck in all your future endeavors! See you Thursday…

December 10, 2007 at 9:02 am

Mike — you can run but you can’t hide. See you Thursday.

7. December 10, 2007 at 11:02 am

You’ll be missed!!!

8. jose s.
    December 10, 2007 at 11:19 am

hey mike sorry to hear that you are by far and away my favorite on here. so does this mean tan nguyen wont threaten you anymore? good luck dude.

9. December 10, 2007 at 11:42 am

Mike, Good Luck! OC will miss you.

10. tim steed
    December 10, 2007 at 12:13 pm

Mike-

You were a welcomed addition to the team of crazy blue kook aid drinkers here in the OC.

I have valued your friendship and your sacrastic sense of humor.

I hope you have luck in Phoenix and let me know if you need me to hook you up with the crazy blue kook aid drinkers in Arizona…

Timbo

11. December 10, 2007 at 2:55 pm

What, you’re leaving! Agh, who said you could leave?

It was nice knowing you Mike. You did a great job with the Liberal OC and I’m sure you will have the same success in Arizona.

Good Luck,
    Mike Randall

12. Jason Bensley
    December 10, 2007 at 4:38 pm

Mike,

In politics, our goal is to always make a difference in the world that we live in. You can take solace in the fact that you have truly made this county a better place with your blogging, Drinking Liberally, and your service on the executive board of OCYD. Thanks dude.

Jason

13. Marc Sussman
    December 10, 2007 at 4:59 pm

Mike,

Too often in politics folks talk a good game, but don’t get things done. You a man of words as well as action. Good luck in Arizona. We will miss you.

Marc

14. Alicia Berhow
    December 10, 2007 at 7:46 pm

Thanks for everything, Mike! Your contributions were humorous and heart-felt, your talent is immeasurable and your soul is a compassionate one. You will be sorely missed! Good luck in your future endeavors and don’t forget us back here in the OC!

15. d'Anconia
    December 10, 2007 at 8:48 pm

Ack, Mike’s leaving?

I guess that leaves Publius as the only member of Liberal OC’s blogpen who can ever contruct a logical argument.

Your reasonable attitude will be missed Mike. You made your liberal friends look a lot better than they should and for that I will never forgive you.

Best of luck.

16. Northcountystorm
    December 11, 2007 at 9:22 am

Thanks for making a positive difference in the OC. So many of us shout our points and arguments in our comments and posts that we might as well have put them in CAPS. You’ve always been able to be courteous yet committed, sincere yet subtle, energetic yet effective.

The props you get from Jubal(posted @ Red County) and d’Anconia on the right as well as the love from the left is a good indication that you’re respected throughout the OC political blogsphere. The OC’s loss is Arizona’s gain. God speed.

17. aaruni
    December 11, 2007 at 11:19 pm

Thanks, Mike! See you on Thursday!