OK, everyone. I sincerely hope you’ve been finding my updates helpful. I know that not all of you were able to come to the Anaheim Sheraton to see for yourself what YOUR Democratic Party is doing. That’s why I’ve been trying my best to let you know what’s happening inside, and what you can expect to see from our party in the future.
So anyways, let me give you a quick recap of what happened at today’s executive board meeting. Here’s what the party has endorsed:
- NO on Prop 91 (changes transportation funding)
– NEUTRAL on Prop 92 (changes community college funding)
– YES on Prop 93 (changes term limits)
– NEUTRAL on the “Big Four” Tribal Gaming Compacts in dispute over labor and environmental issues
– NO CENSURE OF DIANNE FEINSTEIN (the move to suspend party bylaws to allow a vote was ruled out of order)
– YES on resolutions commending the firefighters working during the wildfires, condemning any rush to war against Iran, supporting equality for transgendered Americans, supporting justice for Jena, and much more.
As soon as all this goes up on the CDP web site, I’ll let you know. Also, stay tuned here at The Liberal OC for my complete postmortem on the entire E-Board meeting. And until then, keep fighting the good fight for our common Democratic values.