Nearly 1,900 women in Orange County were diagnosed with breast cancer last year and many more are battling with the disease.
TheLiberalOC.com has joined over 1,000 other blogs and websites this October and we’ve gone pink.Ã‚Â The blog redesign coincides with Breast Cancer Awareness Month.Ã‚Â To read more about the Go Pink campaign, go to: PinkForOctober.com
We hope that our readers will take a second to help make a difference in the fight against this ugly disease. Here are a few things that you can do:
* Re-design your blog or website and help raise awareness.Ã‚Â Or use one of these graphics to show that you care.
* Go to The Orange County Susan G. Koman Breast Cancer Foundation website and contact them to see how you can volunteer.
* Got some $$ to donate?Ã‚Â Give to the Pink For October’s effort to raise money this month.Ã‚Â Their goal is $1,500.Ã‚Â Click here to donate.
* Tell us your story.Ã‚Â Have you been personally effected by breast cancer?Ã‚Â If you’d like to share your story, email it to: MikeLawson@gmail.com and we will post it here for readers of TheLiberalOC.com to read.
*Ã‚Â Get screened, and bring a friend.Ã‚Â As many as 30 percent of breast cancer deaths could be avoided if all women age 40 and older received regular breast cancer screenings.Ã‚Â Most insurance companies provide coverage for an annual mammogram and clinical breast exam.
* Contribute to this list.Ã‚Â If there are any local breast cancer resources that you’d like to see listed here email: MikeLawson@gmail.com