5 Reasons OC Dems Should Be Proud Of Their Party

The newest fad in blogging is video blogging, so I thought I’d give it a try with this post.  Watch the video of the 5 reasons OC Dems should be proud of their party.

[ev type="youtube" data="flJ6cBKFXYg"][/ev]

Any thoughts on this format?

16 comments for “5 Reasons OC Dems Should Be Proud Of Their Party

September 28, 2007 at 9:12 am

Mike — Awesome video. Well done.

2. September 28, 2007 at 9:29 am

Good video. The only critique would be to ensure that the volume is at the same level for all segments.

3. September 28, 2007 at 9:50 am

Gary,

I know. It was my first…next one will be better.

mL

4. September 28, 2007 at 11:23 am

I am proud to be an Orange County Democrat because I believe in raising people, not dropping bombs. I believe in the rule of law, not the rule of might. I am proud to be an Orange County Democrat because I know that each time I go out on the front lines, there are 500,000 people behind me.

In short, I am proud to be an Orange County Democrat because it is this community that welcomed me 5 years ago with open arms and became my defacto family. They are the ones I care about and care about me. They are my friends, co-workers, and community members.

Together, we are the margin of victory.

Timbo

5. Jason Bensley
    September 28, 2007 at 4:05 pm

Mike,

I like it. Well made for a first effort. I will stop short of saying Orange County is becoming a purple county, because it won’t happen on its own. It will take a lot of effort from people like us to make that happen. The registration numbers for our party in the OC haven’t changed that much since 2000, not a lot of people seem to get that around here.

Jason

6. September 29, 2007 at 7:51 am

Nice Job!
    Who’s the handsome narrator?
    ;-)

7. Wrong Picture
    September 29, 2007 at 11:16 am

Why did you use a picture of Congressman Jerry Lewis when it should have been one of Shawn Steel?

8. Wrong Picture
    September 29, 2007 at 11:17 am

Wrong picture of Shawn Steel. The one you’re using is that of Jerry Lewis.

9. Northcountystorm
    September 29, 2007 at 12:50 pm

great post Mike. Great shot of Loretta on the firing range. I think Red COunty quit using that photo because she looked so buff & tough.

10. September 29, 2007 at 2:35 pm

Mike,

You are a credit to your party. But I live in a city, Santa Ana, where there is only one Republican on our City Council. The rest are Democrats – and you would never know it.

I wish your party would help us do something about Mayor Miguel Pulido and his lackeys. They are a true embarrassment to the DPOC.

But since Pulido’s lawyer is the DPOC chairman, Frank Barbara, I guess I better not hold my breath.

11. Northcountystorm
    September 29, 2007 at 6:29 pm

Art–

You can’t even get his name right–it’s Barbaro.

September 29, 2007 at 9:43 pm

Probably a typo North. And Art makes a good point. The party should run the best candidates they can find. Santa Ana needs more people like Michelle Martinez

13. September 30, 2007 at 4:28 pm

Dan,

It was a typo. Shame on northcountystorm for ignoring the point and focusing on errata. Barbaro has covered for Pulido for far too long. Both of them need to go.

Maybe I ought to join up with you guys and go for a seat on your Central Committee? You can bet I would give Pulido and his enablers Hell!

On the other hand, I like being an independent…

14. September 30, 2007 at 4:35 pm

Some typo Art.

The only letter further away from the letter “a” on your keyboard is the letter “p”.

September 30, 2007 at 5:54 pm

Chris –
    sometimes, in the heat of passionate typing, I will use the completely wrong word…its a typo, because I know what I meant to write instead of what I wrote.

I knew who Art was talking about; and his point is still valid.

16. September 30, 2007 at 6:40 pm

I know that. I just wanted to give Art a hard time.