Daily Local News Returns to OC September 10

It’s easy to forget that besides PBS-affiliate KOCE-50, we have a commercial television station based here in Orange County. KDOC (channel 56) will start broadcasting it’s morning news show in high-definition on Monday September 10 from 6 to 8 am. More information on “Daybreak OC” can be found here. I’m glad they found room for local programming between reruns of “Perry Mason” and “Little House on the Prairie.”
For those of us who miss the old Orange County Newschannel, and who feel that local Orange County news is often ignored by stations in the massive LA market, this is welcome information. I’m setting my alarm to wake up early and watch.

9 comments for “Daily Local News Returns to OC September 10

1. jose s.
    September 4, 2007 at 11:07 pm

well it’s about time, i thought ocn was pretty cool and they had stories they wouldnt cover on the regular news. does anybody remember leslie leyton from onc? she was hott! i think kdoc should also air the old wally george shows instead of most of the lame programs they have on there now.

2. RHackett
    September 4, 2007 at 11:22 pm

Leslie was hot. But I liked Lisa Severin.

3. jose s.
    September 4, 2007 at 11:46 pm

did you ever see that infomercial with lisa severin? it was a fitness infomercial that was on a couple of years ago. yes lisa is quite hot but a total bow wow next to leslie leyton!

4. RHackett
    September 5, 2007 at 6:54 am

I see that some of the OCN alums are on the Real Orange. Nancy Pulice, Jennifer Bauman, and guy who does the business news. Can’t remember his name.

I missed the Severin infomercial. I saw her at a fire in Yorba Linda years ago. What a great body.

And I think I heard somewhere that Leslie was married to a man old enough to be her dad. But you could tell in her commentaries she was madly in love with him.

5. September 5, 2007 at 8:16 am

I think many of the problems we have in OC with oddball and out-of-control politicians is directly attributable to the citizen apathy that results from our inadequate local news coverage. The Register and various community papers do a yeoman’s job but these days broadcast media is needed as well.

I don’t know about setting my alarm — this is the sort of situation for which TiVo was invented!!

6. RHackett
    September 5, 2007 at 11:44 am

Gila,

I think you’ve got a point. Compounding that is our local media is usually very unwilling to go after a politico that agrees with their crackpot ideology.

Hence the kit gloves on Moorlach for bringing us Street.

7. jose s.
    September 5, 2007 at 8:58 pm

hey gila, we were talking about our favorite hot ocn newscasters why do you have to rain on our parade?! sheesh.

8. gary
    September 9, 2007 at 1:12 pm

leslie leyton is old now…

I hope they bring fresh 20 somethings then I’ll defininatly watch oc morning news

9. laura
    September 9, 2007 at 1:19 pm

i don’t know about bringing in twenty somethings…

but i don’t think the old ocn women should do it either

the show is a new one and i hope to see a fresh new look so that it can do well or else it will have a boring look.