Rush Limbaugh’s “Barack the Magic Negro”

HT to Calitics for this, but viewers at CBS 13 seem to think the “Barack the Magic Negro” parody song running on Rush Limbaugh’s talk radio show is a bit over the top.

A BigotHere’s a YouTube video NOT produced by Limbaugh’s EIB Network (again, not produced by EIB), but listen to the song and judge for yourself.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xowSnZkOhX0

And here’s a link to a story by CBS 13.

I am going to come out and say Rush Limbaugh has a first amendment right to say what he wants and air content on his program that he wants. And the song is clearly parody, lifting lines from a column about Barack Obama that ran in the LA Times a short while ago.

And while Rush has the right to say what he wants, I also have to right to say I think this parody is bigoted.  I will take it a step further and start identifying advertisers of his program to let them know this is the sort of programming that they support with their advertising dollars.  And as a consumer, I can make a choice not to patronize advertisers on Rush’s station.

Locally, KFI airs the Limbaugh program.  There is no reference to this parody in KFI’s web site.  A Detroit station, WJR, began airing disclaimers before Rush’s broadcasts.  Here’s a liink to KFI’s sponsors if you decide you don’t want to support this sort of speech on the public’s airwaves, tell the sponsors why.  http://www.kfi640.com/pages/sponsors.html.

To contact the station, information is below.  PLease be respectful adn courteous to those you might speak with.

KFI AM 640

KFI AM 640
3400 W Olive Ave Ste 550
Burbank CA 91505
Business Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30AM-5:30PM

Main:
(818) 559-2252
Programming: (818) 566-6476

KFI Newsroom: (323) CALL-KFI (225-5534)
Listener Line: (800) 520-1
KFI (1534)

18 comments for “Rush Limbaugh’s “Barack the Magic Negro”

1. May 7, 2007 at 10:40 pm

Yes, let’s find-out if Rush Limbaugh’s Advertisers want to be a racist facilitator.

Seems to me – I just heard about another Radio Man – who isn’t on the Radio anymore.

I Wont Miss Imus .com

My name is Dave Harvey and my Anti-spam word was Peace!

2. May 8, 2007 at 6:30 am

Well, this is about what I would expect from
    Rush The Magic Mushroom.

3. May 8, 2007 at 10:20 am

Wow Dan, that’s a great photoshop pic using Rush’s head on KKK Democratic Senator’s Robert Byrd’s head. One’s real and one’s fake.

4. RHackett
    May 8, 2007 at 10:30 am

Allan. So sad you have become. Your blog has become a bore. And for some reason you’ve never read what everyone else has known for years. Byrd has continually expressed regret over his KKK affiliations. While Limbaugh gets giggles out of people like you when he disparages folks like Barack.

5. May 8, 2007 at 10:56 am

The only thing missing from the photo is a large plastic bag full of pills.

Remember, Rush buys his pills in the parking-lot of a Denny’s restaurant, by the bag full, thousands of them at a time.

When he’s not being a ditto-head, he’s being a pill-head.

Such a a pill you are – Rush!

My name is Dave Harvey – and my Anti-spam word was love liberals.

May 8, 2007 at 11:09 am

Allan is parrotting Sean Hannity who always references Byrd as Robert (kay-kay-kay) Byrd. But I guess if its OK for Hannity to bring up someone’s past activities that they have since apologized for or done what they could to correct any damage done, then we can keep calling George W. Bush a former drunk.

This is called playing the game by the rules the Right has established.

May 8, 2007 at 11:11 am

Can I also point out, this isn’t Rush’s first brush at the Black community; he told a black caller to “take the bone out of his nose” once and there was the flack over his comments about Donavan McNabb that got him fired from the analysts job at ESPN. How Christian of him.

8. May 8, 2007 at 11:32 am

Allan,
    For the record, that was my photoshop work. The difference here is that Byrd has renounced his past involvement with the KKK. Rush on the other hand is acting as their new poster boy.

Chris Prevatt
    TheLiberalOC.com
    “Pissing off the OC right-wing-nuts since April 2006″

9. Jim Bieber
    May 8, 2007 at 11:47 am

The song is outrageous someone must be held accountable!

It’s not like the song was about any black politician, it targeted Obama. He is after all “a clean” and “articulate” man of color according to Sen. Joe Biden.

May 8, 2007 at 12:08 pm

Please do defend this Jim, and defend Coulter and hannity and Savage and Bortz and the rest of the right wing noise machine. Bill O’Reilly must be missing his louffah.

11. RHackett
    May 8, 2007 at 12:42 pm

When I need advice on draft dodging, getting divorced, illegal drug abuse, illegal drug transactions, being a convicted felon, and erectile dysfunction Rush will be my ‘go to’ guy.

Given all of his practicing nothing of what he preaches it’s no wonder the wacko right love the guy.

May 8, 2007 at 1:09 pm

You left why the reason why Rush got a deferment for VietNam. Wasn’t it some sort of cyst on his butt? Or was it a brain tumor?

13. DavidLeVack
    May 8, 2007 at 2:13 pm

I guess Rush Limbaugh isn’t much of a patriot. Considering America is a democracy, and the textbook definition of Democracy is: “The principles of social equality and respect for the individual within a community.”

I guess he hates America.

14. mark smith
    May 10, 2007 at 1:15 am

I think it’s funny, making fun of al sharpton, not obama

15. john r
    May 10, 2007 at 7:41 pm

Not defending, just stating a fact…….Rush was only using the word “Magic Negro” that the LA Times reporter used to describe Obama. The song lyrics are recycled rhetoric that Al Sharpton and Sen Joe Biden has used to describe Obama. The parody is definitely a jab at Sharpton, not so much Obama. The democrats aren’t going to say a damn thing about the parody because they know they don’t have a rational argument against it. And if you listen to Rush, he practically dares the dems to challenge him on this one.

16. art
    May 13, 2007 at 9:28 am

the FAR right has gone off the far right cliff and now
    the FAR left is going off of their far left cliff

don’t nobody do their homework around here?

17. May 13, 2007 at 10:15 am

Art,

To what homework are you referring?

18. Tony
    May 26, 2007 at 5:38 pm

Here is a great site for some real insite on this issue….http://paxety.com/Archive/20070322MagicNegroMahone.html