I am coming out of post operative haze, but still want to be close to hose.
I’ll miss all of you tonight. I think the discussion will be interesting.
My reasons that Tan never knew the territory:
1. He immigrated to San Jose and moved to San Marcos.
2. Was clearly “shopping” a district to run in when he first called DPOC. When asked why he wanted to run, the answer was “I want to be a Congressman”. Good Answer!
3. When he attempted to run as a Democrat in the 46th, I saw more of his signs in Little Saigon than in Huntington Beach. I noticed they were the colors of the S. Vietnamese Flag. – CAn you imagine anyone using the colors of the Mexican Flag?
4. He could not be bothered with attending any Democratic events to get to know the activists.
5. Claimed he didn’t know anything about State Party endorsements whan the CDP send the invitation (& $50 shake down)
6. Called yours truly a racist in a snit when he didn’t win the primary.
7. Sent letter to CDP condeming yours truly and the DPOC as a whole and saying he would change to Republican. Goodspeed to you!
8. Resurfaced this year as a Republican proving he is an opportunist.
9. Began campaign bashing “illegal” immigrants.
10. Being dumb enough to send such a mailer because he obviously does not know the history of systemic attempts to supress the Latino Vote in Orange County.
The more I read from the paper and blog posts, not only does our common word, opportunist rise to the top, but he appears to be an authoritarian thug who believes he deserves to be a congressman.